Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
wr2110's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 1:59 PM

Directv Now App

I do not see the app on Apple TV. Will that be available soon?

Also, when I tried to use the iOS app it gave me an error logging in. Will the iOS app be available for Directv Now users?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Relics

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

4 y ago

Direct link to iOS App - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/directv-now/id1136238277?mt=8

Install the app using the direct link until Apple's App Store index's the new app and it appears in search. To get it on Apple TV, use the steps below once you have it installed on an iOS device like an iPhone / iPad.

Here's a work around for getting the App on AppleTV if you already have it installed on a iOS device like an iPhone / iPad. 

1. Open the AppleTV App Store

2. Go to "Purchased" at the top of the store.

3. Choose "DirecTV Now" and "Get"

That should get it on your device. If you downloaded it to your iOS and have auto App download turned on for the AppleTV, it should also be already download to your AppleTV, but this is a work around until search is working for those that don't have an iOS device.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Cannot find the app for my phone or my apple TV.  Running v10+.  Pretty amazing to think that you can launch a streaming service without the app.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 y ago

As of 9:10 am EST,  11/30/16, the app is now in the app store for iOS.  Working great on iPhone.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 y ago

I am still not seeing the app in the app store. I found the Directv app and when I try to log in it does not allow me as a user.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 y ago

Epic fail!

Relics

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

4 y ago

This is a Apple App Store Fail, not a AT&T / DirecTV Now fail. Give it 24 hours and I'm  sure it will be avialble via search once Apple App Store index's. In the meantime, it's a pain, but use the direct download and you will be up and working in no time.

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

4 y ago

Is the apple tc App Store only available on the latest Apple TV.  I have an old Apple TV right now (waiting for my free apple to from directv.com).  There is no App Store   Running Apple TV software 7.2.1(8011) on Apple TV model A1469

Cyberhund

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

4 y ago

I downloaded the app on my ipad mini and on my iphone.  My username and password are rejected. I tried email address and password, got same error message on both devices.  It gave the number (201) at the end of the error message. Does this mean anything? 

Get started...

Ask a new question