Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, May 11, 2019 7:05 PM

Direct TV Now Streaming Issues for Over 4 Hours

Currently my DIRECTV NOW account does not work. I keep getting the error message 50001 Dash 001. I have been waiting for help via the chat system for over an hour. This issue with being unable to view content has been an issue since zero 800 this morning and now it is almost 1200. So in essence I have been without service for four hours and counting. I have been with DIRECTV for over 10 years.   I do not feel like I am being treated as a valued customer. I would like the time that I have been without service compensated via my next billing cycle. Meaning I want the hours that I’ve been without service to be deducted from my overall billing statement. I want DIRECTV now to ensure that this does not happen again.   I would also like DIRECTV NOW to establish a customer service number that can assist individuals who are not savvy with the Internet or do you not want to have to wait for hours and hours on end for a chat response. I will use other avenues via Facebook  and Twitter which  my friends and family members have many followers to post how horrible the service has been with your company if this is not resolved in an  appropriate manner.  I am giving you guys an opportunity to fix your wrongs .

v/r,

Responses

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

a year ago

Just wait it out. You are wasting your time at this point.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

a year ago

There are reports of technical issues going on with the service. DownDetector reporting many customers are down.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

a year ago

All over the board. There are reports of technical issues going on with the service. DownDetector reporting many customers are down.

beww357

ACE - Master

• 

4.6K Messages

a year ago

Looks like a distribution issue. The Down Detector's map looks a lot like a map of CDN nodes. 🙂

I was able to "slide" a channel change, but now can't do that.

Guess I'll start up my backup service. 🙂

Always have a backup.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

My DirectVNow is not functioning properly. I can only bring up the Audience channel, no guide, no library. Nice way to run things after announcing a fee increase. What's going on? I have already rebooted my modem, my router, and my Roku to no avail.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

a year ago

You got it. Of course don't forget those apps!

beww357

ACE - Master

• 

4.6K Messages

a year ago

I have learned that before I spend too much effort to try and fix things, check the down detector. 🙂

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

a year ago

Same her. Have always used it for about any content.

beww357

ACE - Master

• 

4.6K Messages

a year ago

I always use the apps when I can, but this time I wanted CNN. 🙂

My backup service is working fine though.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

a year ago

There are reports of technical issues going on with the service. DownDetector reporting many customers are down.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Same here . They should not go up on package if there streaming is screwed up

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I am having the same issue.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

a year ago

Just wait it out. They all have issues at some point. You can always use the channel apps to view content.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

How does this get fixed?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.6K Messages

a year ago

DTVN fixes the issue and we view content again. Just takes time. No one knows exactly what the issue is.

Get started...

Ask a new question