AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
xuv224

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Sun, Oct 7, 2018 1:49 PM

Difference between Bookmark and Record

When typing the name of a show into the DTVN search box and after it finds the show, it offers two options: Record Series and Bookmark...  what is the difference? I search for the show so that I can program it to be recorded, which obviously can be achieved with the first option. But if I was to not add the show to both "Record Series" and then again as "Bookmark" and instead only select "Bookmark", will it then not record?.  And if I only add the show to "Record Series" but not to "Bookmark", will I then miss out on anything I should care about?

Responses

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

8.8K Messages

2 years ago

To be honest, I'm not completely clear on what the point of bookmarks are - they just save the fact that you'd like to watch some particular content (generally on-demand?) in the future to a list in your My Library tab.  It doesn't actually affect the content itself - if it ages out, it ages out.  I guess if you've searched and found the content once, it saves you from doing it later when you actually want to watch it (and reminds you that you decided at one point you wanted to watch it).  Recording does actually save the content itself (within the bounds of the DVR retention) - as well as putting it in your list of available recordings.  So if you want to actually record an item, there's no benefit to bookmarking it too.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

I bookmark so I can see a list of shows I've scheduled to record.  I could not see a way to just list all the shows I want to record.

Yes, I can see those that have recorded and/or the scheduled recordings.

Coming from TIVO, there was a list of all shows I wanted to record.

• 

7 Messages

”record” will record upcoming episodes or next showing of a movie. You can “bookmark” previously broadcast episode (or “watch now”). But it’s unknown how long a bookmarked previous episode will remain. Recorded shows supposedly stick around for 90 days but I find no aging info on bookmarks. On DirecTV I could record earlier episodes and keep them for more than 90 days. AT&T TV wants to be like DirecTV but it’s not, and documentation is next to nil.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

How do you extend recording time on a program scheduled to record so that if the show gets a delayed start, it doesn’t cut off your recording at the end?  

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

How do you extend the recording time for a weekly program so it doesn’t cut off the end of your show because it started later than the regular scheduled time?

Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

a month ago

Record the show following the show you are recording.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question