Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Feb 3, 2019 7:31 PM

Delayed sound out of sync with video on all channels

Just installed my Roku and Direct TV Now service and there is a pronounced delay of the sound signal which is making me crazy.  Totally out of sync.  Have not yet found a fix to the problem.

Responses

br-549

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 months ago

not aware of????

your kidding right

br-549

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 months ago

ACE-Expert, eh?

I am hoping that AT&T does not expect to have success with TVNow meeting the needs of customers of the likes of you. 

I suppose in the distant past of broadcast TV and then cable, you were frequently having to manually re-sync audio with video.  

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 months ago

Well "tutor" have you contact support and reported the issue? Do you know how to contact support? 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
br-549

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 months ago

I have reported the problem multiple times to "SUPPORT" via voice and chat, each time I'm told I the first to report the issue.   SUPPORT thinks I have a bad HDMI cable on all 5 of the ROKUs I use. 

Contacting support is almost as useless as using this forum.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 months ago

Interesting since they have no voice support for the service only chat. Since the forums are only subscriber based, your right it's perhaps useless to most who post.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
beww357

ACE - Master

• 

4.6K Messages

5 months ago

Some folks here have said they fixed similar problems by turning off audio leveling ("reduce loud sounds").

Might be worth a try, but I suspect that was an edge case.

br-549

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 months ago

I've had the subscription since it became available as DirectTV now at $15 for basic.  Phone support was available initially, then chat started which was a major improvement.  Then chat support vanished for a few weeks...typical.  Now it's back.  The chat support team will have a supervisor call you, if appropriate... usually to inform you that you will receive a $10 credit on your account, in lue of fixing the problem

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

5 months ago

Same here since conception. Never was $15 but $35 (Go Big) and grandfathered forward. Never was offered a telephone support although it has been reported by a few subscribers you may get a call back - usually they never call back.

• 

4 Messages

You swear you have an answer for everything. It's annoying truly and honestly.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Att Now is getting worse and worse. Tried streaming "Stumptown" and the audio was a least 2 secs of of the video. Live is off by 1/4 sec or so and can't make it better.  Go to Hulu or YouTubeTV and audio is fine. ATT app is the problem.

JoeBios01

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

4 months ago

Seems this got fixed with the rollout of Roku OS 9.2.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

I'm on AppleTV and the audio / video sync issue seems to have started around 2 weeks around, annoying as heck.  I tried to contact phone support and they told me to contact TV Now Chat support which I can't even find.  Does anyone have a link for the chat support?  I have looked all over the at&t site and can only find the generic support / troubleshooting articles. I'm with others here, it may be time to jump to another streaming service which is too bad since I've been a customer since the start of the service. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

3 months ago

Yes but they will tell you the temp fix is to change display resolution from 4K to 1090p. This has already been posted many times in the forums. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "TV" - then select "AT&T TV NOW/AT&T TV". Chat is near the bottom of the screen. (Direct: https://www.att.com/support/contact-us/att-tv-now)

beww357

ACE - Master

• 

4.6K Messages

3 months ago

Support is here:

https://www.att.com/support/contact-us/att-tv-now/

Chat is at the bottom.

Have you tried turning off "reduce loud sounds" if you are using it. Some have said this cures the issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Recently started having this issue on my Apple TV.   I went to AT&T support and chatted with an agent.  She informed me that they recently updated the app software and that cause issues with Apple TV users.   As a temporary fix she suggested changing the video resolution from 4K to 1080p. So far so good.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I have An AppleTV with Att direct on it and we are experiencing severe sound delay. It just started last month (October 2019).   This is very annoying and we have considered canceling this service due to the problem.