Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Fri, Dec 2, 2016 4:57 AM

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. DirectTv Now has the CSN Bay Area channel which is the main reason I paid for membership. But, why are Warrior games unavailable when they are live? Is this similar to the NBA League Pass black-out rules? This seems deceiving because the DirectTV regional sports PDF file (when looking into subscribing) mentions CSN Bay Area for my zip code as well as listing Warriors and Giants games. Tonight's game happens to be on TNT too...not sure if that is impacting my viewing either.

Thanks!

-Mark

Responses

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

i think the only way we could verify if this is fixed before the trial period ends is by checking if folks in other areas are able to see their local teams live.. 

if they can it would probably mean the issue was fixed.

jinx8402

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I live in RI, and the C's game is blacked out right now. So still not fixed 😕

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I don't feel that this solves our problem. As the original poster, and others who followed, we are in zip codes supported by direct tv. We are listed as being able to see the golden state warriors from our zip codes, yet the game was blacked on our local CSN out and was not on national tv.
jinx8402

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Apparently it might be fixed in the next update of the app? I don't see an updated app in the Goolge Play Store yet (though it can take a few hours) and it is still broken via web for me (perhaps it hasn't rolled out to the web completely yet either)

https://twitter.com/DIRECTVNowHelp/status/805967685679022080

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I don't understand how come this thread is marked as "solved" ? Not only this is still an issue and we keep getting this annoying reply with a link to a PDF that basically says that it should work, but they also marked the issue in this thread as solved ?

This is too much. 

jinx8402

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Guess what's still blacked out? Celtics on Comcast Sports New England. Support is useless. They post a crap link and then never come back. On chat today I was given a link to regular DirecTV's League Pass schedule. Which is obviously not related to this issue. 

Today's game is away. Support said that was the reason.  But a few days ago they were home and I was told it was because they were home and playing in market. So apparently no games will be streamed. I am cancelling after the month and going to VUE. Too bad, I really wanted to like the service, but I always heard AT&T had awful support.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

There are 2 reasons why cable is relevant: DVR and Live Sports. So no DVR and seems that no live sports as well. Not sure what is this thing useful for?

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

...and the Sacramento Kings are also still blacked out on CSN California.

...and CSN Bay Area still doesn't appear in the Channel Guide or in search for those of us in the Sacramento region.

Scholar

• 

89 Messages

4 years ago

Exactly.  The Kings are playing right now and I can't watch it on CSNCA.  No CSNBA on guide either.  This is bullshyt

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Yep not solved. Nobody has a clue it is even broken which is thr frustrating thing. They try to look up by zipcode and explain black out rules. That is not the issue!

No Kings and CSN Bay Area is missing completely

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Well, tonight I was able to successfully watch the Warrior vs Clippers game on CSN Bay Area and ESPN. I was using the iPhone App. This is different than my original post when I could watch on TNT and not on CSN Bay Area. Curious if this will work when the game is not nationally televised. Fingers crossed.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Interesting. I wonder if the deal is to blackout all games played at Oracle (or at whatever local venue your team plays). They play a road game tomorrow too, let's see what happens.
Jumping to conclusions, but is half the season of CSN worth the $35? Considering that the Warriors are on ESPN/TNT/TBS all the time now... maybe. If this is the deal the RSN's gave them, fine - at least tell us publicly so we can plan accordingly and not invite friends over only to have DirecTV ruin the party.
Will they do the same for baseball?
jinx8402

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I guess it might be team by team basis. Because For the Celtics, today's game was an away game it was blacked out.

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

We apologize for your inconvenience.  Information on sports blackouts can be found in our article How to Understand Sports Blackouts.  You can find additional information on Regional Sports Networks in our Help Center here.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
jinx8402

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

@GoCalBears Which device were you using when you were able to stream the game successfully? Wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Get started...

Ask a new question