Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Fri, Dec 2, 2016 4:57 AM

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. DirectTv Now has the CSN Bay Area channel which is the main reason I paid for membership. But, why are Warrior games unavailable when they are live? Is this similar to the NBA League Pass black-out rules? This seems deceiving because the DirectTV regional sports PDF file (when looking into subscribing) mentions CSN Bay Area for my zip code as well as listing Warriors and Giants games. Tonight's game happens to be on TNT too...not sure if that is impacting my viewing either.

Thanks!

-Mark

Responses

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I just turned on csn bay area and they are doing replay of Warriors game from last night and that's even NOT AVAILABLE. How is it that we can't even watch a replay of game?
Barglebart

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

During my most recent interactions with chat reps, they have acknowledged that this is a problem and stated that Directv Now IT department has prioritized fixing it asap. They've explicitly stated that I should be able to watch live warriors games and replays and that it is a problem on their end which is denying access. Unfortunately there's no estimate for when it will be fixed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Is this only happening with RSN is select market?  I currently have Sling TV mostly so that I can watch my Angels on Fox Sports West.  I have not had one blackout with Sling TV and I'm on the legacy blue service which only cost me $20 per month.  I thought about switching over to DTN so I can still get FS West along with ESPN and other channels for the $35 promo they have going on right now.  But reading about the blackout, I'm afraid to switch not knowing if the Angels game will be blackout or not.  I did check on the pdf they posted and it does state Angels on FS west but not sure if it'll be like all the above post with the blackout.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I was able to watch the NBA Golden State #Warriors game live after intially activating DirecTV Now on on TNT only, not on #CSNBA on Dec 1st.  Again on Dec 3rd I was not able watch the Warriors game.  Each time the statement on the screen for CSNBA for the live broadcast was something to the affect the game is not viewable in my area.  WHY?  I tried to watch the CSNBA replay this morning at 9:00 am, and again the message was on the screen that the game was not viewable in my area. I'm trying DirecTV Now to watch the Bay Area teams.

What is the reason live and replay broadcast Warrior games are not viewable on CSNBA?  

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

But reading about the blackout, I'm afraid to switch not knowing if the Angels game will be blackout or not.

The updated stock response from the AT&T customer service people appears like they acknowledge this is an issue and will be resolved eventually.  If you're looking to get in on the $35/mo deal right now, you can always sign up and cancel if they don't fix it.  You're 4 months away from the next MLB/Angels season.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

I tried CSN Bay Area during the Warriors game on an Apple TV 4th Gen, iPad Pro, and a Mac through Chrome. All were blacked out. This is not a client-side issue.

Thanks

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

The problem is we won't be able to test if the Warriors work on CSN again until Dec 8th, because the next two games are on NBAtv and then ESPN so they'll be blacked out on CSN either way. So, if you, like me, signed up right away, we won't be able to know for sure if they fixed the blackout error until after our first charge. I saw some people getting chat support to acknowledge that this as a technical issue, but we deserve an official statement as to whether CSN Bay Area / California will work as intended or if DirecTV screwed up and spoke too soon on the local sports deals. 

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

The problem is we won't be able to test if the Warriors work on CSN again until Dec 8th, because the next two games are on NBAtv and then ESPN so they'll be blacked out on CSN either way.

If the problem is fixed properly, the Monday night game on NBA TV should be the one blocked and the game should be live on CSN Bay Area.  There is also another test Wednesday night for the Sharks game on CSN California, since the issue is affecting all live games on both channels.

For what it's worth, the problem is still unresolved tonight since I'm in the Kings broadcast territory and the Kings game tonight was still blacked out.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Dubs fans:  Games at Roaracle are already sold out through next season so expect the local blackouts - it's an NBA contractual thing. Until DirectvNow resolves this, the only method is to use an international VPN (Canada or Mex) to fake your location.  Of course DirectvNow is not going to promote this type of workaround.  Keep pushing for resolution - we all agree this is a d1ck move on their part.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

How do we "unaccept" this solution...it's obviously incorrect.

mrbayarea

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

I solved an issue regarding the "static" issue and DirectvNow has been promoting the fix on Twitter as "Solved". I tried to watch the Kings game and it was blacked out. Yet, they marked this as "Solved". This issue is NOT SOLVED. [Edited to comply with Guidelines] Let's see if we get some answers. 

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

Games at Roaracle are already sold out through next season so expect the local blackouts - it's an NBA contractual thing. Until DirectvNow resolves this, the only method is to use an international VPN (Canada or Mex) to fake your location.

This is false.  Arena/Stadium attendance does not affect local blackouts in the NBA, NHL, or MLB.  Also, a Smart DNS or VPN service will not resolve this issue with DirecTV Now because all it will do is detect that you are outside the broadcast area of the RSN (CSN Bay Area and CSN California) and block your access to the channel entirely, not just sports.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

THIS IS NOT SOLVED, the Warriors game was ABSOLUTELY NOT on national TV on Saturday. I just tweeted to them and again they gave a generic response saying that it's up to the network whether or not to show the games. This is absolute rubbish. You can't advertise that you show a regional sports team and then tell customers they'll have to wait until the game starts to find out if they are showing it. We are smart enough to look at the channel guide and NBA app to see if it's on national TV. If it's not listed on any national channel, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE ON COMCAST SPORTSNET BAY AREA. Are they using bots to scan these posts, then posting dumb generic answers? AGAIN, THESE GAMES ARE NOT BEING SHOWN NATIONALLY, which is why this is either an engineering error or they simply never made a deal to show these games on DirecTV Now. 

The Warriors game tonight will be blacked out on CSN anyway, because it's on national TV. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

It is sad that we havent got a response on this forum even after so many people have complained.  I have been messaging them on twitter and they are asking if I wandered out of home to watch this game from a unsupported area !! After couple of messages, they say it could have been a blackout.  They have no idea what the issue is.  Lets try today.  Ideally, The NBA TV should be blackout and CSN Bay area should be alive.  Fingers crossed..

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I reached a customer service agent yesterday via the chat line.  She indicated that this is a "known problem" that they are activtly trying to fix.   We are supposed to be getting all Warriors games on CSN Bay Area except when the game is pre-empted by ESPN, etc., which is the case this coming Wednesday night.  She said they hoped to fix the problem within 24-48 hours.  Fingers crossed for a fix soon.

Get started...

Ask a new question