Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Fri, Dec 2, 2016 4:57 AM

Comcast Sports Bay Area: Blacked Out Warrior Games?

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. DirectTv Now has the CSN Bay Area channel which is the main reason I paid for membership. But, why are Warrior games unavailable when they are live? Is this similar to the NBA League Pass black-out rules? This seems deceiving because the DirectTV regional sports PDF file (when looking into subscribing) mentions CSN Bay Area for my zip code as well as listing Warriors and Giants games. Tonight's game happens to be on TNT too...not sure if that is impacting my viewing either.

Thanks!

-Mark

Responses

Barglebart

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah I've finally had some chat reps take it seriously and not just quote blackout rules. Said they forwarded my issues to other departments. Keep reporting it! I've told them there's no way I'm keeping the service if I can't watch live games on csn Bay Area/California.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

they have known for days.  they told me it would be resolved in 24 hrs...that was 50 hrs ago.  They have no clue!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

Via Apple TV

Viewing from San Francisco (94158)

Select CSN Bay Area (Golden State Warriors game)

See error message: Sorry, this program is not available in this area through DIRECTV Now.

What is wrong with your system?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I got the same problem.  I tried both my computer (Chrome browser) and iphone app.  Got the same message.  This same issue also existed on 12/1's game (against Rockets).  But that game was also being shown on TNT and so I thought it was a blackout issue back then when it was shown on multiple networks.  This time (12/3's game against Phoenix), it was only shown on CSN, and yet, that error message still showed up.  In addition, that message went away right after the game was over.  This to me seems like an intentional blackout - even though direcTV's website specifically says Bay Area's local sports games ARE INCLUDED!  This is really the only reason I'm buying DirecTV Now.  If this continues being an issue or is by design, I'm definitely cancelling!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

Yup.

After the game was over, the postgame show immedietly started streaming.

I'm done, I want a refund.

I am prepared to dispute my CC charge if necessary.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue here. The game on Friday was watchable in TNT, which caused Comcast SportsNet Bay Area to be blacked out, but I could not watch Sunday's game anywhere.  This is why I signed up for the service and the marketing materials say I should be able tow atch CSN BayArea.  If this is a bug, tell us. If this is how it is supposed to work, we need clarity and a path to resolution.

mrbayarea

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue here. I cancelled Comcast too! Please fix this bug.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just managed to get through to a chat agent.  The transcript is below.  Essentially they say this is a bug and they hope to have it resolved in 24-48 hours.  The information is not posted anywhere, so if it's not fixed in 48 hours they suggest chatting them again...

Support Chat Transcript (From about 11PM Pacific Time on December 3)

Agent: Hello and thank you for your patience. How can I assit you today?

Me: Could you help me understand how the sports packages work? I could not watch the local game this evening, and I don't know if that was a bug or how it is supposed to work.

Agent: I can help you with that!

Agent: Ther has been a known issue with the sports channels and local channels that we are working to resolve diligently. Please check periodically for tehse issues to be resolved as they should within the next 24-48 hours.

Me: Thank you. I appreciate knowing it is a bug and not a misunderstanding of the markinge documents. Is there anywhere this is posted on the site? If I stil have issues in 48 hours should I chat again?

Agent: I apologize. This isn't posted on the site. If you're still having issues pelase chat with us again.

Me: Ok. If you could escalate this to someone to have this posted somewhere that would be really great.

Barglebart

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

Tried to watch the replay of tonight's warriors game and was denied access to that too.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I can watch the pre-game show and the post-game show for the Warriors, but the actually game itself is being blacked out?  Why is this the case?  For example, will we get away games but not home games, etc.?  It seems quite deceptive in advertising since I specifically researched on the website before I committed to a 3-month subscription, and the channel guide and PDF indicated that the CSN Bay Area with the Warriors and Giants (when their season starts) should be available.  Also, how are we to contact customer service?  You promise a 24/7 chat line yet every single time I have tried to use it, the response is that the chat line is busy and we should go to this community forum.  I'm assuming that this is not a community forum where the subscribers complained amongest ourselves that your are not delivering on promised.  Along with others complaining in this forum (not because we like to type away at 1am) I think you owe us a response ASAP and I would like a phone call or email (you all have that information).  Otherwise, we'll be contacting the Federal Trade Commission next week.  Thank you.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Kudos for getting through to a chat agent.  Thanks for sharing!  Hopefully we can believe them.  It rings a little hollow.  I'll be waiting and trying again for the Warriors game on Monday night.  

Barglebart

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

I've been in contact with chat support many times over the last few days about this. Initially they said it was a blackout issue, but now they say they have their IT team working on it as top priority. A shift from saying it was an expected part of the service to saying it is a problem that is being fixed. No estimated date for when it will be fixed will though.
mrbayarea

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Great news.

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @warriors2020,

This link has information related to blackouts. Have you tried other devices by chances? Browsers?

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Rather than posting a link to the cryptic and unpenetrable Blackout rules, a DIRECTV NOW representative really needs to post a clear and unambiguous statement in these forums whether or not DIRECTV NOW offers live Warriors games (and other regional team games like the Giants) as part of its channel agreement with CSN Bay Area. 

If it's a new launch issue and they are working out the bugs with their offerings, I'm not thrilled but I'm willing to cut them a bit of slack. They just need to say live Warriors game should be supported for Bay Area subscribers, what the current issue is, and when they hope to fix it. Obviously every home Warriors game they don't show while trying to fix the issue will increase customers' ire, and the word will certainly get out online on numerous sites, and customers will not want to subscribe to DIRECTV NOW if this problem lingers.

If it turns out that they tout CSN Bay Area as an included channel in their packages, but their agreement doesn't allow them to broadcast the live games shown on CSN Bay Area, then that is obviously deceptive marketing and a clear bait and switch, and clearly grounds for customer actions. What is the point of saying you offer a RSN if you don't actually show live regional sports?!

Get started...

Ask a new question