Dubuddaman
#1 Star!
Helpful 1

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

Wed, Nov 30, 2016 1:50 PM

Channels - All Shows - Video on Demand - Not a lot of options

Unsure if this is how it is going to be, but I have DIsney Junior on my Roku, buddy let me use login for my kid, since I am one of those 20 mil Cord Cutter's.  I am seeing that there is not a lot of options for the VOD service.  

ON ROKU APP or every app other than this one - Threre is so many different VOD options; Octonauts, Micky's Clubhouse, Tiger & Pooh, Little Einsteins, Handy Manny, etc.  Like a total of 35+ different VOD shows to watch.

DIRECTV NOW - There are 3; Jungle Junction, PB&J Otter & Miles from Tomorrowland.  Just 3?  

This is the same with FXX VOD - I just use 2 VOD shows as an example, same channel

ON ROKU APP or every app other than this one - SIMPSONS has all seasons all episodes on VOD, American Horror Story all seasons all episodes.

DIRECTV NOW - SIMPSONS VOD 4 seasons and absolutely no American Horror Story.

If this is how it is going to be I will not be a subscriber for very long.  I think this is kind chincy, but i guess you get what you pay for huh.  $15 more month and a 2 year contract guess I could have all the VOD service.  

Responses

Tutor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I need access to the most current episodes of shows like Modern Family, Once Upon a Time, Grey's Anatomy to convince my fiance to move away from Hulu. I'm probably not going to continue this service if the VOD selection is so stale. 

gnahc79

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

4 y ago

I agree that content is seriously lacking, even for a launch day. No DVR functionality? Ok, but at least have recent VOD available. For children's programming it seems to be even worse. For the Disney channel there's only 7 shows with any VOD content, and all of it pretty stale (over a month old).

LgHorn99

Scholar

• 

24 Messages

4 y ago

This is truly pathetic for such a major company's launch into the OTT streaming world. I expected so much more coming from a massive company like AT&T and DirecTV with decades of history and knowledge, and with PS Vue and Sling already in the market, there's no excuse to launch without critical features, content, and a ridiculous limit of 2 concurrent streams.

VOD content is severely lacking or completely non-existent for pretty much every program or network. Check out Animal Planet, Bravo, DIY, Discovery Channel, Nat Geo Wild...live channels only, there's NO VOD content listed. And those are only the ones I checked. Some networks dont even show up in my list.

Where's Game of Thrones on HBO VOD? I'm paying extra for HBO, so where are all their shows?

Why when I go to Networks do I only see 64 channels when I'm subscribed to over 100?

Seriously, this is ridiculous, and you can't even get hold of someone on support...they're all "unavailable".

ohio.emt

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

4 y ago

I can't speak for all the other shows, but can maybe give a perspective on the simpsons. From everything I've seen every episode of the simpsons is exclusive to the FX app via simpsons world. Even with other cable services, and streaming I've yet to see all the simpsons episodes in their catalog. 

LgHorn99

Scholar

• 

24 Messages

4 y ago

That's just one example and may be specific to the Simpsons - perhaps there are more restrictions to it with all the licensing; The Simpsons is a brand in itself.

If there were exclusive licensing deals that prevented VOD content to this extent and it was broad based (meaning across content providers such as AT&T, Sony, Hulu), then you wouldn't see the content available on other services either such as Hulu, Netflix, Sling, PS Vue, etc.

It may be a combination of DTV NOW launching before they had their ducks in a row and their VOD catalog populated with content and some licensing still being worked out, but the 72 hour flashback feature is definitely not working as claimed. Regardless, it's clear they launched prematurely and made false claims. I don't think either of those can be argued at this point.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

Yep I'm in the same boat as santos535. I thought it was going to be great to get off Hulu and move to this but with none of the shows being available I just can't see me sticking with the service. 

gnahc79

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

4 y ago

Just canceled DirectvNOW. One example, "This is Us" on NBC. VOD 'just added' episodes up to 11/21. There is no way for me to view the episode from 12/6. Well at least I can't find an easy way. I thought we could watch shows up to 72 hrs after they aired. Or is there a specific list...whatever, too much of a hassle. Similar issue with Real O'Neals and every single other show that our household watches. Or worse (no VOD at all).

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

4 y ago

This is Us episode 10 is on the the NBC app   no login required

gnahc79

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

4 y ago

"This is Us" was just an example. Good to know that is is available on the NBC app though. However it's not a unified experience that would go over well with the rest of the family. "Ok, so this show check if it's on DirectvNOW, if not then go to the network app that must have no login and see if it's there." For some shows, there's no such option, i.e. "Bizaardvark" and "Liv and Maddie Cali Style" on Disney Channel. "The Americans" on FX is not listed in "All Shows" for FX. "Suits" and "Mr Robot" look like it will be supported well once the new season starts for those shows.

Get started...

Ask a new question