Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Wed, Mar 13, 2019 4:06 PM

Changes to AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW Live a Little, Go Big and other packages

AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW Package Updates

DIRECTV NOW is not AT&T TV NOW. Same entertainment, cool new name. If you are wondering about pricing and packages, I have you covered. 

AT&T TV NOW & AT&T TV Packages 

Check them out below:

• AT&T TV - Comes with AT&T Device & Remote Assistant!
  • AT&T TV NOW - Stream with your favorite device!

Packages & Channel Lineup

Get a detailed breakdown of the packages below:

FAQs

How are the AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW package prices changing?

• Base packages - The prices of the Live a Little, Just Right, Go Big, Gotta Have It, and Todo y Mas packages are increasing by $10 a month. 
  • Premium channels - Prices starting March 13, 2019 will be $15 per month for HBO® and $11 per month for Cinemax® and Starz®.
  • International options - The Brazilian package is increasing to $30 per month and the Deportes add-on is increasing to $15 a month.

Good to know: Already have a premium channel, international option, or Deportes? You’ll keep your current price.

• Example Scenario1: You have a grandfathered package, HBO, and Cinemax and change to Plus. Plus has HBO included, so you don't have to worry about paying for that, and your Cinemax pricing will still remain the price you were paying.
  • Example Scenario2: You have a grandfathered package, but don't have HBO and Cinemax. You upgrade to Max, and now want to add Showtime. Since Showtime is not included, you will pay an extra $11.

If I upgrade from grandfathered package to the Max or Plus packages, when does it go into effect?

Your package will update on the next billing cycle. So for example, if it is April 13th, and your billing cycle is the 1st of every month, your package will not update until May 1st. So for those that are looking to watch HBO immediately, they will want to add the HBO bolt-on first, and then upgrade. You will only pay a prorated amount for the HBO bolt-on, since you did not have it for the entire month.

When do the AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW price changes take effect?

Price changes for:

• Packages take effect April 12, 2019.
  • Premiums, add-ons, and international options take effect March 13, 2019.

What happens if I update my AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW package after the price change?

If you upgrade or downgrade your package after April 12, 2019, you’ll pay the new price – even if you have a promotion.

Will the AT&T video loyalty credit or HBO for Life change?

As long as you maintain your grandfathered package (Live a Little, Just Right, Go Big, or Gotta Have It) and a qualified Unlimited wireless plan, you’ll continue to receive your Video Loyalty Credit or HBO® for Life. If you change plans, you’ll lose your HBO for Life or Video Loyalty Credit eligibility.

What if I am on the Early Adopter offer for Go Big?

We want to make sure you still have an exclusive deal on your Go Big Package and receive the best streaming value around with access to over 100 channels. You’ll continue to save $25 per month off the regular price of Go Big, but your package will increase $10 per month, the same amount as all packages.

Why can't I upgrade to any other packages besides Max and Plus?

Currently, the only packages we offer for grandfathered customers are the Max and Plus packages. Once you change to one of these packages, you are not able to change back to your previous package.

Why did you add the new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages?

We’re looking to deliver the right, slimmer mix of channels to offer options you want.  PLUS and MAX both include premium entertainment like HBO (MAX also includes Cinemax), extensive on-demand libraries and local channels.

Why are you increasing the price of AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW for existing customers?

Similar to our competitors, we must consider changes to pricing and channel packages based on increasing programming costs and changing customer trends.

While we’re raising the price $10/month for existing AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW customers, we’re also introducing new options.

These two new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages—PLUS and MAX—provide slimmer, quality-driven content lineups at a competitive price.

Why are you increasing the prices of the old AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages (Live a Little and others) for new customers, in some cases by more than double?

We’re debuting two new packages on AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW that include premium content, like HBO. Both provide slimmer, quality-driven content lineups at a competitive price. At $50 and $70 respectively, both will include HBO, extensive on-demand libraries and local channels. This is our next move in revamping our 2-year-old live streaming service and sets the stage for more in 2019.

What if customers don’t want HBO included in their plans? Will you not offer a package without HBO?

We believe that including HBO in the PLUS and MAX packages brings incredible added value to these new lineups. However, if you are looking for a slimmer option, our other streaming service, WatchTV, offers over 35 channels and 15,000 on-demand titles for only $15 a month or free for AT&T Unlimited &More and &More Premium wireless customers.

If AT&T Unlimited &More Premium wireless customers already get to choose HBO or Cinemax as part of their wireless plan, do they get a discount on the new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages that include HBO and Cinemax?

No.  If you have selected HBO or Cinemax as your &More premium, you will not receive any discounts but will be able to change to another premium at their 12-month mark.

If I’m a grandfathered AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW customer and I want to try the new PLUS or MAX package, but don’t end up liking it, can I revert to my grandfathered lineup?

No. You must stay on your current package of “Live a Little,” “Just Right,” “Go Big” or “Gotta Have It” in order to retain the lineup.

Why are Viacom and Discovery channels not included in PLUS or MAX?

We’re determined to find a mix of channels that will give customers what they want, delivered anywhere, at a great value.

-ATTCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

Scholar

• 

240 Messages

a year ago

Spectrum has the ala carte, locals and pick 10 from 60 channels.

kdc1174

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

a year ago

In addition to the price increases, and new, terrible packages - don’t forget, despite the “..because programming costs continue to rise, this package will be increasing $10/mo..”, they’ve dropped Nick Jr, and NFL Network, and have secured cheaper terms with Viacom since 3/15 when that email went out.

The main problem I have now are the ridiculously loud AT&T sold ads that are replacing the “we’ll be right back” ads, and that cut into actual programming.. If these “Undeniable with Dan Patrick” on Audience ads keep up, something’s going through my TV screen. Likely my AT&T iPhone.

Oh and the DVR is randomly deleting series schedules too. So [word filter avoidance] tired of this.

piglet12

Guru

• 

720 Messages

a year ago

I can't find fault with any of your complaints, but hopefully they can fix the volume of the ads for whatever device you are using (my volume for the ads and Dan's promo are nice and low using my PC and chrome browser). 

If you chat with them to tell them you want to keep Nick Jr., they'll let you keep it (it's actually mentioned in the email they send out). I think they just want you to be aware that Boomerang is also available and once they tell you that, Nick Jr will also be added back to your account. 

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/directv-now-is-dropping-nick-jr-in-some-grandfathered-plans-but-adding-2-new-channels/

In an email to customers, DIRECTV NOW said: "Your Live a Little package will no longer include Nick Jr. as of 5/14/2019, but as a current customer, you have the option of keeping it. To hang on to Nick Jr., chat here." When you chat into customer service, they will add it back to your account for free. It appears they are trying to offload the channel for customers who don't need it, but will let those who do keep it on the service.

kdc1174

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

a year ago

@piglet12 cheers. Yeah I already have Boomerang for a $40 a year subscription. NFL is the crazy one when they complain about programming cost increases. I expect to see these dropped channels become more regular to the point my Gotta Have It channel lineup resembles WatchTV.

The ad volume issue appears to impact streaming devices - Apple TV, Fire TV, the iOS app. Nice to know I can get the laptop out and not blow the speakers though lol

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

a year ago

Thank you for posting this I had no knowledge of this and never got a email. I would have been highly upset if my child went to watch Nick Jr and it was not there. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Yes you slimmed down the packages but charge more for them.  Your prices are higher than cable TV in my neck of the woods.  Can't wait to get more channels for LESS MONEY!

kdc1174

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

9 months ago

Well, all these promises didn’t last long. Can the OP update the sticky to tell us that 3 months on, the chances are that DTVN is going bye bye within 6-12 months. So much for the “you’ll keep your grandfathered plan”, and “you’ll keep your $25/month discount for beings DTVN and ATT unlimited and more customer”, etc.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/atts-directv-now-is-likely-to-be-killed-off-as-it-is-merged-with-warnermedia-here-is-what-current-subscribers-need-to-know/

kdc1174

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

9 months ago

I see someone at AT&T are deleting my posts. Guess I’ll take to Twitter.

If this post lasts, go to cord cutters news site and look up today’s post about warner media.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

The changes made to the plan do not quite make sense. You have reduced both quantity and quality and expect us to pay more for it. Many of the channels offered are filler channels, ones we could get for free with a decent antenna. There is no real justification for the price increase. That coupled with the fact that the app hardly works when in use. The app crashes, plays audio from multiple channels at once, or shows no picture and only audio about 35-40% of the time we use it. I would at the very least expect better service with this increase, but that has yet to happen. I feel like we are paying more for junk. You may want to go back to the drawing board here to make sure the decisions made will actually grow your numbers and not hurt them. I can imagine you will have major retention issues after these changes are felt by all your users. 

cocelot-1

Scholar

• 

169 Messages

9 months ago

Just stopping back after getting a bunch of email thread notifications. Honestly, there are other choices and I no longer miss DTVN at all. When I first switched to Hulu Live TV when the package changes and price increases here happened I thought Hulu was kind of weird, but now that I'm used to the interface, I actually find it much better.

DTVN is closer to the way I used regular cable TV than Hulu Live is, but the differences in how Hulu works turned out to be a plus. I like how the "My Stuff" works with automatically recording all new episodes of everything I add to My Stuff unless I choose it not to, and I find myself using the My Stuff section to watch shows a lot, even ones I didn't record. I even get 12 channels of HBO rather than the 2 that I had with DTVN, the DVR works great, and the price is about the same . The only thing I miss is a full multi hour guide (which they are supposed to get soon) and a couple of channels I had with DTVN that Hulu doesn't have such as BBC America and TV Land. However, the added features and the full library of on demand more than makes up for a few channels I miss.

The point is that there are other choices out there and nobody has to settle for something when there are other options, and you may be pleasantly surprised after getting used to the differences in other services. 

Ray

TFaith065

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

9 months ago

No offense intended but you guys are crazy to use DTVN. Pure nuts. I'd put Sling TV ahead of them now. I'm telling you you just signed up with the devil.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

9 months ago

I have Sling also and they have their issues. Understanding them is the key to all these services. If you are rural going with Sling you will never get locals if that is important to you.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
kdc1174

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

9 months ago

Sling doesn’t have a credit on my cell bill, doesn’t let me stream using sponsored data with my cell, am on a grandfathered gotta have it plan etc. I have my reasons. New plans - agreed, but old plans and ATT unlimited and more plans - stick with it.

I used to have Sling - was ok until they lost ElRey and then I moved. If I was to go to another it would be Fubo. That was actually pretty good, just no ESPN.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

If the price is going up, can we FINALLY expect solid performance. 

Been with you since day one. It STILL feels like I'm paying for a beta product, but now it's not really a beta price, is it?

By the way, can't watch ANYTHING at this moment. Just "This video has had some trouble loading. Pleas try again later". Netflix, Amazon Prime, Vudu, Movies Anywhere all work fine, before some one tried to blame my internet.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…