AT&T Community Forums
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Wed, Mar 13, 2019 4:06 PM

Changes to AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW Live a Little, Go Big and other packages

AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW Package Updates

DIRECTV NOW is not AT&T TV NOW. Same entertainment, cool new name. If you are wondering about pricing and packages, I have you covered. 

AT&T TV NOW & AT&T TV Packages 

Check them out below:

• AT&T TV - Comes with AT&T Device & Remote Assistant!
  • AT&T TV NOW - Stream with your favorite device!

Packages & Channel Lineup

Get a detailed breakdown of the packages below:

FAQs

How are the AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW package prices changing?

• Base packages - The prices of the Live a Little, Just Right, Go Big, Gotta Have It, and Todo y Mas packages are increasing by $10 a month. 
  • Premium channels - Prices starting March 13, 2019 will be $15 per month for HBO® and $11 per month for Cinemax® and Starz®.
  • International options - The Brazilian package is increasing to $30 per month and the Deportes add-on is increasing to $15 a month.

Good to know: Already have a premium channel, international option, or Deportes? You’ll keep your current price.

• Example Scenario1: You have a grandfathered package, HBO, and Cinemax and change to Plus. Plus has HBO included, so you don't have to worry about paying for that, and your Cinemax pricing will still remain the price you were paying.
  • Example Scenario2: You have a grandfathered package, but don't have HBO and Cinemax. You upgrade to Max, and now want to add Showtime. Since Showtime is not included, you will pay an extra $11.

If I upgrade from grandfathered package to the Max or Plus packages, when does it go into effect?

Your package will update on the next billing cycle. So for example, if it is April 13th, and your billing cycle is the 1st of every month, your package will not update until May 1st. So for those that are looking to watch HBO immediately, they will want to add the HBO bolt-on first, and then upgrade. You will only pay a prorated amount for the HBO bolt-on, since you did not have it for the entire month.

When do the AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW price changes take effect?

Price changes for:

• Packages take effect April 12, 2019.
  • Premiums, add-ons, and international options take effect March 13, 2019.

What happens if I update my AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW package after the price change?

If you upgrade or downgrade your package after April 12, 2019, you’ll pay the new price – even if you have a promotion.

Will the AT&T video loyalty credit or HBO for Life change?

As long as you maintain your grandfathered package (Live a Little, Just Right, Go Big, or Gotta Have It) and a qualified Unlimited wireless plan, you’ll continue to receive your Video Loyalty Credit or HBO® for Life. If you change plans, you’ll lose your HBO for Life or Video Loyalty Credit eligibility.

What if I am on the Early Adopter offer for Go Big?

We want to make sure you still have an exclusive deal on your Go Big Package and receive the best streaming value around with access to over 100 channels. You’ll continue to save $25 per month off the regular price of Go Big, but your package will increase $10 per month, the same amount as all packages.

Why can't I upgrade to any other packages besides Max and Plus?

Currently, the only packages we offer for grandfathered customers are the Max and Plus packages. Once you change to one of these packages, you are not able to change back to your previous package.

Why did you add the new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages?

We’re looking to deliver the right, slimmer mix of channels to offer options you want.  PLUS and MAX both include premium entertainment like HBO (MAX also includes Cinemax), extensive on-demand libraries and local channels.

Why are you increasing the price of AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW for existing customers?

Similar to our competitors, we must consider changes to pricing and channel packages based on increasing programming costs and changing customer trends.

While we’re raising the price $10/month for existing AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW customers, we’re also introducing new options.

These two new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages—PLUS and MAX—provide slimmer, quality-driven content lineups at a competitive price.

Why are you increasing the prices of the old AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages (Live a Little and others) for new customers, in some cases by more than double?

We’re debuting two new packages on AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW that include premium content, like HBO. Both provide slimmer, quality-driven content lineups at a competitive price. At $50 and $70 respectively, both will include HBO, extensive on-demand libraries and local channels. This is our next move in revamping our 2-year-old live streaming service and sets the stage for more in 2019.

What if customers don’t want HBO included in their plans? Will you not offer a package without HBO?

We believe that including HBO in the PLUS and MAX packages brings incredible added value to these new lineups. However, if you are looking for a slimmer option, our other streaming service, WatchTV, offers over 35 channels and 15,000 on-demand titles for only $15 a month or free for AT&T Unlimited &More and &More Premium wireless customers.

If AT&T Unlimited &More Premium wireless customers already get to choose HBO or Cinemax as part of their wireless plan, do they get a discount on the new AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW packages that include HBO and Cinemax?

No.  If you have selected HBO or Cinemax as your &More premium, you will not receive any discounts but will be able to change to another premium at their 12-month mark.

If I’m a grandfathered AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW customer and I want to try the new PLUS or MAX package, but don’t end up liking it, can I revert to my grandfathered lineup?

No. You must stay on your current package of “Live a Little,” “Just Right,” “Go Big” or “Gotta Have It” in order to retain the lineup.

Why are Viacom and Discovery channels not included in PLUS or MAX?

We’re determined to find a mix of channels that will give customers what they want, delivered anywhere, at a great value.

-ATTCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

I found this after a lot of searching and what not. So they are there when you sign up to the site but I don't see them in my dashboard though.

https://www.directvnow.com/accounts/select-plan

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

2 years ago

I am testing Hulu at present, and have a similar tale.

They got my location wrong, so no locals. A familiar story I figured.

Called, got a human in under a minute, explained my problem and she corrected it, as I watched the correct locals appeared.

Problem solved in under 3 minutes with one phone call.

amylyn1970

Guru

• 

149 Messages

2 years ago

Wow, now that’s fast service. That right there shows me they are there for the customer unlike DTVN.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I live in Pittsburgh, pa and I can’t get my regional sports channel or AT&T sportsnet channel so I can watch my local hockey team The Pittsburgh Penguins. Come on DTV NOW  get with it I have only been able to watch a few games and I’m a big hockey fan.

piglet12

Guru

• 

720 Messages

2 years ago

@Dieselpowerf350 AT&T Sportsnet hockey, etc., streams are often available for free all over the internet (mostly decent enough for a 720p stream) and often with the ability to jump back up to 4 minutes during a live stream, and then available for several hours after the games end with full VOD functions (FF, RW, etc). And if you don't like the AT&T announcers, you can often switch to the Canadian, or other US broadcasts for the same game.

That's what you call piracy, but the real problem is that once you see how easy it is to get free sports content, it takes away the desire (at least for me) to follow as closely (there's only so much time in a day to watch content). In addition, the fact that the cable tv broadcasts are better looking than even any of the DTVNOW or ESPN+ streams are (they're okay for Internet streams), also makes it more likely that I'll watch more games via cable tv (while using a working DVR with all the expected options for live or recorded broadcasts), or with an antenna. I like the way the colors pop, and the action is often smoother via cable or an OTA antenna. 

I'm not a big fan of watching live/VOD sporting events on the Internet, and although I still watch sports online, I generally just let an event run in the background while I'm doing something else, and then pay more attention if a goal, TD, or great play is being described by one of the announcers.

#GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

The only channels I want are the Viacom and discover channels. Also when I got my unlimited choice plan it came with live a little package and free hbo for life on top of a 25 dollar discount.  Will I still be getting my 25 dollar discount? Or is it discount or hbo not both anymore?  If that’s the case I’ll drop the service as I can get my Viacom channels from PS vue for less. 

piglet12

Guru

• 

720 Messages

2 years ago

You still get to keep HBO free and your discount. No need to cancel HBO (because it's free for you).

Viacom channels are scheduled to be removed tonight (pacific time) ... unless Viacom will wait until Saturday night and let people watch the Kids' Choice Awards.

If a deal is eventually reached, Viacom will remain with DTVNOW, etc.

piglet12

Guru

• 

720 Messages

2 years ago

I don't think that PSVue has any Viacom channels, but I think Sling does.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

@rkrichter @Too bad their research didn’t account for the fact that if/when they finally do force us out of our grandfathered plans that we will cancel as we get less and don’t have Viacom or discovery channels.  Not even the 25 a month discount for having wireless would keep me around without those channels at the current price point.

No I would say that Att is overestimating the value of the time warner purchase.  After all most of the time warner offerings are declining in viewership and have been for quite some time.  

kdc1174

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

2 years ago

This hasn’t been answered as far as I can tell through this thread, or by ATTCares or DirecTVNowHelp on Twitter (believe me I’ve tried):

I have Gotta Have It with a $5 upgrade to the 100hr DVR. I also have unlimited and more premium for my cell service, and chose Starz as the “free” premium.

1). Will free/sponsored data continue for DTVN use?

2). Will “Jupiter Starz” aka the free premium as part of my cell service remain free? You mention HBO a lot for obvious reasons, but not Starz.

3). What’s going to happen with WatchTV since the new $50 DTVN plan has not many more channels?

4). What’s going to happen to the channels WatchTV has today that you no longer actively sell to new DTVN customers? I know you have Comedy Central on WatchTV and that’s another Viacom matter, but you also have channels like HGTV and BBC World News on WatchTV and those aren’t on the new packages. Or is WatchTV going bye bye too?

5). Will you continue to offer app authentication for channels on our grandfathered plans that you don’t include in your new packages? Or will the HGTV app some day just kick me out?

6). Will my 100 hour DVR remain? If so, at $5/month?

7). Will DTVN start wholesale dumping channels off our grandfathered plans when you feel like it as the time comes nearer to move satellite customers to the new $160/mo streaming plan their site occasionally lets slip?

8). What happens to the $15 discount I got when I signed up to both DTVN and ATT unlimited and more premium? Will that continue?

Thats all I can think of for now, but I’m sure I’ll think of something else.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

@piglet12  It does I just verified and always has.  I had vue from when it first came out (spoofed my zip code when it was only available in select cities) until I switched my wireless in 2017 from tmo to att and got the 25/month discount & hbo.  Actually that was the only reason I chose att for wireless at the time.  Also I just confirmed both Viacom and discovery channels are still there on the vue plans.  See Comedy Central, ID channel etc.  Sling was horrible back in the day and word is they haven’t changed much but the commercials they air.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

@kdc1174 from the info they posted here and what I received in email the 15 dollar credit for unlimited and more and 25 dollar credit for the older discontinued unlimited choice plan should remain though the verbiage makes it seem like it is either the discount OR the premium channel not both.  Still waiting on clarification from Dtvn on that one as the credit and premium channel (for unlimited choice) is actually contingent on you maintaining wireless service and not on maintaining any specific plan from dtvn.  I would assume that the lesser credit for the unlimited and “more” ( less discount higher price per month wireless... yeah more lol) and premium channel would still apply as well.

piglet12

Guru

• 

720 Messages

2 years ago

PSVue DOES NOT have the Viacom channels. They were dumped in 2018. I went to the PSVue website and they are not listed. Perhaps you are looking at an older page, back when PSVue had the Viacom channels.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

@piglet12 yup you’re right I was on an older page.  They do have ID though which is a must... at this rate I might just have to get basic cable again. Only adds 25/mo to my internet bill and gets me those channels.  Never thought I would have to splice the cord back together lol. 

Get started...

Ask a new question