Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 9:03 PM

CBS on Firestick but not AppleTV or Cell Phone App

I live in Virginia Beach and using AT&T Now I noticed that I get all the local channels when I use Firestick (I have two of them, CBS is on both). However I do not get CBS on my AppleTV or on my cellphone AT&T Now app but I do get the other local channels.

I also noticed that on the Firestick the local channels I get, including CBS are out of Washington DC and on my other devices it is the local Virginia Beach affiliates.

Any explanation for this?

Responses

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

a month ago

Looking at the local channel tool located here you are not even supposed to receive CBS from VB. AppleTV and AT&T's streaming devices use location services and therefore work on physical location. FireTV, Roku and computer web browsers uses billing zip code. Which describes the point. That is why you do not see them on those devices. As for your Firestick - do yu get other locals and where are they from?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@bcbsncjlj ok this makes sense. I moved here from Washington DC and Amazon/Firestick may have my old billing credit card zip code on file.

I do get all the local channels on my Firestick (CBS ABC Fox NBC etc). Other devices I get (ABC, NBC FOX but no CBS).

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

Actually it has nothing to do with the Fire Stick. It's the billing info for your AT&T TV Now account that determines your locals. Have you changed your billing for the service?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.