AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Sep 4, 2019 9:56 PM

Buffering freezing

Why does my att keep freezing and buffering and stuttering. I have to go out of the app and back in five times so far today. Never happened when it was Direct tv now.

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

It used to just be foxnews, so I downloaded the foxnews app. That works perfectly. Never buffers. 

Now its every channel. 

Watch for 5ish minutes then buffer for 2 minutes. If I change the channel and come back. I get 5 more minutes. It's really annoying. I ran through a free trial of youtubetv. Never buffered, same price and a larger DVR. Att now is the only app that buffers. I have 6 fire sticks, 2 apple tvs and 1 sony smart tv with the att now app. All of them buffer. Especially foxnews. I'm getting 100mg download and using ruckus wifi extenders. 2.4 and 5ghz is fully available on every inch of my property. 

I'm doing some more testing with youtubetv, I hate that I would be giving more money to google, but i have no choice. I'm giving att till Jan 1 to fix, or I'm switching. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

10 months ago

Why wait there is nothing to fix. I never have issues with Fox News. In fact, the service is very stable.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

If you’re having this problem with an Amazon fire stick or Fire TV and you have messed with your audio settings because you have a sound bar or stereo system connected to your TV, do this:

1. Go to settings

2. Go to display and sounds

3. Go to audio

4. Go to surroundsound

5. Select always Dolby Digital

6. Restart your TV and fire stick

That worked fine for me. I had the same exact issue because I bought a sound bar that required I set the audio to stereo only. Apparently the AT&T app does not like that setting and the sound bar does not like Dolby Digital plus. excluding those two options only left me with the Dolby Digital option, which seems to work fine on my fire stick 4K.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 months ago

I agree. I have the same problem. Using an Amazon 4k fire TV. Can't watch a 30 min program without it buffering more than 20 times. It is really quite unbearable. I have contacted at&t tv now customer service numerous times. They don't care. All my other streaming services work perfectly. Netflix, Amazon, CBS. AT&T TV (Edited per community guidelines)!

(edited)

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

the buffering is horrible on my Amazon FIre TV Cube. The only fix is a full restart. The problem is worse if I was on Disney+, Netflix, or Prime video. My network speed is not the issue. It is clearly the app and AT&T needs to fix it! I have seen some blogs discuss that the frame rate is half of the other services. Why does AT&T not provide a frame rate like the other apps? This issue only seems to be with my Amazon Fire Cube. Apple TV, iOS, and Mac work fine.

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

The buffering issue is a major problem. I’ve had the service for about 3 months now and it’s AWFUL! Worst service ever.  I’ve called several times, have had 3 techs to my house, they keep blaming it on the Internet. My internet is fine. This (Edited per community guidelines) does not work. Forget about it working too when there is a storm. I’m calling and cancelling this week. Can’t take it anymore! So frustrating when you’re trying to watch TV😡#done

(edited)

• 

1 Message

a month ago

I was having problems with AT&T TV. Spins and asks for my patience. I have Gigibyte internet, but it still did it. The box is the problem because they send it to you and have you hook it up using wireless to the router. The router is in the next room about 15 feet away. I ran cat6 from the router to the box. Instant success ! Channels change quicker and no more spinning. They should be required to run cat6 to your box.

Get started...

Ask a new question