Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Sep 4, 2019 9:56 PM

Buffering freezing

Why does my att keep freezing and buffering and stuttering. I have to go out of the app and back in five times so far today. Never happened when it was Direct tv now.

Responses

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

a year ago

Not happening to everyone now. What device are you using?  Is it all channels or just a specific. Live or OnDemand or DVR?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

It's all channels all the time. I have a 300mb internet speed and every other streaming service works extremely well even in HD. You tube, Netflix, and Prime Video... Which streams in 4K. Figure this out guys or I'm leaving and taking er'body I know with me to another streaming service.

• 

2 Messages

I've had the exact same problems. I can stream TV on prime netflix etc. Watch reg uverse tv and it freezes. I've had this service since 9/19 have had 5 att tech at my house, still same prob. I will not stay once my contract is up. I have 300mb. I had less with the prior company and had zero problems. Will not keep once my yr is up. Will not recommend to anyone.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

It is a widespread problem. Live TV, on demand, DVR, all content buffers horribly. We know what AT&T is up to. It's readily apparent. Your are throttling the content. It's actually every device. Fire TV, computer, etc. AT&T IS HORRIBLE!
DRWellerAZ

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

a year ago

I'm having the same problem with AT&T TV Now. The signal is fine for a while and then it starts stuttering, etc. I've cleared caches, left the app and come back, changed channels, and it's okay for a while and then the new channel starts doing it. Anybody have a suggestion for a fix? It's really annoying to get wrapped up in a program and then have the streaming start stuttering.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Totally agree! AT&T TV now (Edited per community guidelines) and their customer service doesn't care at all.

(edited)

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

a year ago

The fact that it happened just at the name change is fishy, but not definitive. Nothing changed for me but the name.

Are you using wifi? Perhaps your neighbor just bought a 500-watt "Whole Subdivision" WiFi system from China?

WiFi that's been rock solid can go to pot as soon as someone fires up on your channel.

If you can test with hardwire. Speed tests are of limited usefulness as streaming is sensitive to jitter, high latency and other non-speed problems.

In any case you should report the problem to support, they should know if subscribers are having problems for any reason.

https://www.att.com/support/mysupport/att-tv

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

TY for replying. This problem is happening on live tv on different stations. It has happened six times and counting. We use fire. It started when app changed from Direct TV Now to ATT Now. We have to go out of the ATT app and go back in to it to alleviate the problem.
TY Marcia
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

a year ago

Try force stopping the app. Then delete the cache and data from the app. Then try again.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

Going up or down one channel then back helps me with problem which happens quite often when channel surfing

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

I agree, but we shouldn't have to do this. AT&T TV now really (Edited per community guidelines).

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

@bcbsncjlj Been dealing with ATT TV buffering issues for months. Tried deleting the app, cache, etc and nothing helps. All other apps work fine and internet is fine. I see there are forums flooded with this issue for 7 months. What gives?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

@acprice10 Also flooded with subscribers not having any issues (like me). Never really have had issues in 3 years. Some do and some don't. Google how to reduce buffering, etc. Just understand that each subscriber has a unique environment to anyone and there is no major answer.

DRWellerAZ

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

a year ago

Not using WiFi. We have an Amazon Fire box on the TV, but the router is
hardwired to the phone line.

DRWellerAZ

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

a year ago

Marcia,

We have a Fire box on our TV, too. I've lost count of how many times
it's happened.  Really seems strange that we never had problems until
the ATT changes.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Totally agree!
DRWellerAZ

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

a year ago

I've cleared the cache and the data. I've exited the app, but didn't
force stop it. I'm getting ready to shut down for the night, so I'll try
that IF it acts up tomorrow. VERY frustrating, for sure!

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

a year ago

My app is doing the same thing.  I tried restarting the Firestick, changing batteries.  It's not a connection or hardware problem because Netflix and Prime apps are streaming fine.   I can watch a station for about 30 minutes with no problem whatsoever, then after about 30 minutes, it will hang up and stutter and cannot come out of it.  I have to go to another station  (which loads and streams fine) but then the whole process starts again.  It's been happening since about 3 p.m. 

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

I have been fighting this for many months. You and I have similar experiences but the fact that Netflix and Prime never experience buffering tells me all I need to know. It's AT&T

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

And the truth is AT&T doesn't care. I suspect they want us to quit the service. I bet many of us are on the grandfathered plans where we get more for less than any of their current offerings. I think they are deliberately providing us degraded service.

• 

2 Messages

I think there is no doubt, I can't wait for the (Edited per community guidelines) suit to get filed.

(edited)

Tutor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Same for me too.  Freezing and stuttering only in AT&T service.  This is not a problem with my Internet provider, speed, or outside inteference.  All my other apps work just fine, as do my other devices.  It's an AT&T issue.  Please fix it.

beww357

Master

• 

4.6K Messages

a year ago

Have you reported the matter to support? They are not psychic, they can't fix something they don't know about.

This forum is not support, it is a collection of users trying to help each other out.

Chat with support, you might even get a credit, some have.

https://www.att.com/support/mysupport/att-tv

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

total waste of time. There is a reason AT&T doesn't have chat or help really. They'd be flooded all day and night long. Inferior product all around.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

I have reported this problem so many times and they can't/won't fix it. Every now and again they try to throw me a bone with a $10 service credit. How about just providing a service that works AT&T !!!!!!

• 

2 Messages

I've had multiple phone calls. Same suggestions. Restart, reboot, unplug blah blah blah. Never works. 5 techs at the house. New eqipment. Grounding issues? ..nope still same prob. Learned my mistake. I will not keep this crap service.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

a year ago

I have a direct wired Fire Cube and suddenly after about 20-30 minutes of watching MSNBC, it starts buffering and stuttering. I switch channels, switch back and it is fine for another 20 minutes or so. I don't have this issue on any other platform. This never happened before the name change. 

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

MSNBC? Really? You are better off missing that nonsense.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I have been experiencing the same issues for the last few days. I have tried to delete the app and reinstall it. It does not solve the problem. My Netflix app and all others work without issues. It is not my network, not my Samsung TV. It is the AT&T TV NOW app that is the issue. Perhaps they need to lose their offshore help and move it onshore where people know what they are doing and can prevent these issues in the first place.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

a year ago

I have been watching the Weather Channel all morning using the AT&T TV Now app on a fire stick. Not a single stoppage due to buffering. Everuone of us are using the same app with the associated device. It's more than just the app. I have 4 Tv's with 2 fire stick and 2 Roku's (3 and 4 models). I have seen n consistent issue with buffering on any of the devices.

DRWellerAZ

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

a year ago

IMHO, you got lucky. This is different from the usual buffering you have
with streaming programs. I can deal with that. It's stuttering - like a
record that gets stuck and repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats. If you
leave it on the station, hoping it will eventually "catch up" as it does
with buffering, you are hoping in vain. I've had the TV on since 5 am.
It's now 9:20 am. In that time, it's gotten stuck/stuttering/or whatever
you want to call it about every 90 minutes. It's not always the same
channel, either, and it's not affecting my internet or any outside app,
like You Tube. AT&T, PLEASE fix this!

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

and we pay for this "service"? They should be paying us for putting up with this garbage. Hello? It's 2019. buffering? Garbage in, garbage out. Problem is there are few alternatives, for now. Will jump ship ASAP

Get started...

Ask a new question