Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
PA0440's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Nov 13, 2019 2:20 AM

Audio/Video out of sync

Very annoying. Audio is not syncing up to the video on many channels. I use the Apple TV platform. The video also drags and not keeping up to its normal flow rate. It's been going on for more than a week. I hope AT&T engineers get this fixed soon. Why should I pay for a subscription when I'm not getting my money's worth due to unresolved tech problems. There are other streaming providers I can turn to. Everything was working perfectly up to this outage with no solution in sight.

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Ok at&t. You have had your chance to fix this. I have waited one month. Tomorrow I will set up Hulu and cancel your service. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

a year ago

Good luck with your new adventure.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

This workaround may help for live TV but does not work for DVR recordings. The audio sync is so bad, it is almost unwatchable.

Very disappointing. Time to start up some free trials for other services

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

The DVR service has always has performance issues thus the BETA classification for over 2 years. That's why most subscribers use the apps instead to view OnDemand content.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

I went downstairs to a display that only supports 1080p on an Apple TV that only supports 1080p or lower. Still have this problem. It happens ALL. THE. TIME. So now what? Same as others it only happens in this app, other video apps (Netflix, YouTube, Vudu) are fine. (Edited per community guidelines)

(edited)

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

I keep seeing a temp fix by reducing resolution to 1080p... I’m not running at 4K but still see this. Should I call ATT? Btw I see it on both the app as well as on their android box (better on android then Apple TV). VERY FRUSTRATING

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

You want call AT&T TV NOW because they have no phone support. Support is only via the chat.

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

when you say change from 4k to 1080, on the at&t box or the actual tv?

chriggsiii

• 

149 Messages

6 months ago

Greendaye317, I'm confused.  The OP said the problem is occurring with AT&T TV Now on his Apple TV.  You're saying you have an AT&T TV box.  Why would you have a box if you have AT&T TV Now?  AT&T TV Now works on any standard box, like Roku or Fire.  Is it possible your problem is with AT&T TV, not AT&T TV Now?  If it is, you might have better luck finding someone who can help you if you posted your message in one of the AT&T TV topics rather than in an AT&T TV Now topic.

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

Same issue. Using latest Apple TV, 4K Sony Bravia.

suggestion about changing the display setting from 4K to 1080p is ridiculous. That suggestion was from 2019 and it’s almost October and by now AT&T should have had a fix

very disappointed with AT&T

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am cancelling AT&T TV today.  BTW I have two different TVs in two different locations (different ISPs), different audio setups etc.  Only the 4k Apple TV is in common between them.  Yet the problem happens on both TVs, mostly on NBC affiliate stations (CNBC, MSNBC).  Other stations are fine. But ridiculous that this is not being addressed.  

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

3 months ago

So I came back to this site to post a "solution" that seems to work but my last post has been deleted.   I assume that means this post will be deleted too but maybe it will be up long enough to help someone.   

If you record the program that you are attempting to watch and then watch the program and fast forward it until its "almost" live,  there doesn't seem to be a delay.   

(edited)

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

3 months ago

I don't want to but I may have to cancel my AT&T service.   The delay had made watching TV impossible.   I'll wait a few days but I find it highly unlikely that anything can be done that soon

Get started...

Ask a new question