Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Nov 13, 2019 2:20 AM

Audio/Video out of sync

Very annoying. Audio is not syncing up to the video on many channels. I use the Apple TV platform. The video also drags and not keeping up to its normal flow rate. It's been going on for more than a week. I hope AT&T engineers get this fixed soon. Why should I pay for a subscription when I'm not getting my money's worth due to unresolved tech problems. There are other streaming providers I can turn to. Everything was working perfectly up to this outage with no solution in sight.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 months ago

Change your display setting from 4K to 1080p. this is a temp fix until they can release a permanent fix. Been posted many many times in multiple posts.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Doesn't fix anything for me

Mentor

• 

7 Messages

4 months ago

I’m having the same problem for about a week as well using AppleTV HD. Out of sync only occurs in the ATT Now app. If I use ESPN, Prime Video, Hulu, Netflix or any other app, they work fine; no sync issues. AppleCare helped me completely reload the latest OS. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the ATT app repeatedly, and followed every instruction in that substandard, poorly written tech support article. Still out of sync, and picture quality is still poor compared to other apps like Hulu and Prime Video. The problem is not with our equipment or connection, or all these other apps would not work perfectly. It’s with the ATT app.

The ATT app reminds me of a really poor quality Skype teleconference with a 3rd world war zone. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 months ago

Well did you try changing the display setting from 4K to 1080p as previously stated in this post? That is the temp fix at this point. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Anybody have any clue when this is getting fixed? I've had the same issue for over a week now, most channels are unwatchable. About to cancel service and I've been using it since it first launched. What gives?

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

I wish AT&T TV would keep us in the loop with a press release or tech update. There's nothing on their website that I can see that even addresses this problem. They've left their poor customers out to dry.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

For the forum admins - please post something /anything to this thread to let us know you’re aware of, are looking into, are awake and actually care about your customers. This lack of attention will not sustain your business. 

we need answers! Your application is the ONLY one that I have issues with and I just got Disney Plus. Even with their launch day issues I will take that any day than to have this crappy streaming experience with AT&T

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 months ago

They have! They have noted in several of the posts that they are aware of the issue and are working om a solution. Additionally they offered a temp work round. Have you read any of the post?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks. Yeah I read the workaround is to reduce quality from 4K to 1080p.
Not exactly the solution we should be looking for. I haven’t heard anything
on when this fix will be ready or rolled out.

Mentor

• 

7 Messages

4 months ago

One would think so.

I spent a week calling people who had no idea how to help, trying the unhelpful website they recommended, unnecessarily replacing cables and deleting and restoring apps. I wasted hours of my time.

None of that worked or was necessary. Apparently you have to dumb down your TV by resetting your resolution to a poorer quality so the substandard ATT app will work.

This is an unacceptable resolution of their problem. They should hire better people to fix their software and retrain their customer service staff to bring them up to speed as helpful.
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 months ago

I doubt if it will be announced. Never seen any announcements on any fixes in the past. Usually its with a update and that's all. Sure want be announced here in a common community forum.

Mentor

• 

7 Messages

4 months ago

First be advised of the following.

I spent a week calling people who had no idea how to help, trying the unhelpful website they recommended, unnecessarily replacing cables and deleting and restoring apps. I wasted hours of my time.

None of that worked or was necessary. Apparently you have to dumb down the TV by resetting the resolution to a poorer quality so the substandard ATT app will work. That eliminates the synchronization problem but is a terrible compromise.

This is an unacceptable resolution of their problem. ATT should hire better people to fix their software and retrain their customer service staff to bring them up to speed as helpful. You should not deploy software upgrades until they have passed sufficient testing so you know they will work.

All customers should receive credit to their bills until such time as the software is restored to full quality.

Mentor

• 

7 Messages

4 months ago

Apparently you have to dumb down your TV resolution on your Apple TV to 1080p or less for ATT app to work.

I have asked that we all receive a full credit on our bills until the repairs to their software are complete.
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 months ago

That is not going to happen. They have a temp workaround until a permanent fix for the issue is made.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

It's not a workaround. I have multiple TVs that adont even HAVE 4k and they all have this problem for months now.

Mentor

• 

7 Messages

4 months ago

A good work around from the ATT side would be to completely refund the millions of bills they are charging until acceptable quality is restored.

Mentor

• 

7 Messages

4 months ago

A polite response would have been received better than all that sarcasm.

Instead of making customers dig through obscure and unhelpful websites, you could easily have notified all of us. You know how to contact us, because you take our money every month.

I suggest a parallel work around from your end. While our picture quality is reduced by 75%, please reduce our monthly service cost by 75% until full resolution is restored.