Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Thu, Sep 22, 2016 2:42 PM

AT&T TV NOW Supported Devices

AT&T TV NOW Supported Devices

Amazon

• Fire TV stick, cube, or streaming player

• Fire TV edition Smart TV (2nd generation and higher)

Android Phones and tablets running version 5.0 and higher

Apple and iOS

Google

Roku

Heads up: Starting January 1, 2020, you won't be able to add the AT&T TV channel to your Roku device. Already have AT&T TV on your Roku device? You can keep using it as long as you don't delete the app. Once you delete the app, you will be unable to install it. We're actively working on a new agreement with Roku and hope to resolve this soon.

• 4K Roku TV (7000X) and non-4K TV (8000X)

• Roku Streaming Stick® (3600X, 3800RT, 3800RW, 3800X), and Streaming Stick+ (3810RW, 3810X)

• Roku 4 (4400)

• Roku Premiere (4620) and Premiere+ (4630)

• Roku Ultra (4640X, 4660RW, 4660X)

• Roku Express (3900RW, 3900X) and Express+ (3910RW, 3910RX)

Samsung2017 and 2018 Smart TVs

--

When will my device or preferred browser be compatible? We're always working to bring this experience to more folks. At this time, we do not have information on if or when other devices will be added.

Note: AT&T TV NOW does not support rooted or jailbroken devices—that is, phones, tablets, or other devices from which users have removed carrier restrictions to gain extra controls.

-AT&TCustomerCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

I got an e-mail from DirecTV Now on Friday December 2nd at 10:07 PM Central time that said that I can download the app directly to my Smart TV. It said to check out the "Tips Page" to learn more. I then clicked on the link to "View Tips" and there is NOTHING ANYWHERE about downloading the app to a Smart TV. Anyone have any idea what they're talking about??

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @ml1234,

How are you actively using the iOS DIRECTV NOW app when it times out? Or is this after coming back to it were the app has been minimized while you are using a different app?

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @Robert63IL,

Please send us the link and a screenshot. This will help. As of now, the supported devices are listed to the right.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Here's the link to the on-line version of the e-mail I received. Scroll down to where it says "Smart TV Setup"

http://links.directvnow.com/e/viewInBrowser?index=2ca11b773679481da7cf64b4be83b1ec&email=robertgordon60090%40yahoo.com&messageId=d19d8316d421449e8849fc5312b58532

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue.

It happens every time I minimize the DirectTV Now app. Even if I then Immediately go back to the app, the package info is gone and I have to sign out the sign back in.

What is strange is that my wife doesn't have this issue. She also has an iPhone 7 and she is logged in the same account.

I Tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, but the issue persists. It feels like sonething on your server is recognizing my phone and time it out really quickly.
ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hi,

We're happy to help! Please check out thsi article on Supported Devices. Hopefully this helps!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

The MXQ Android boxes run 4.4.2 KitKat and operate as tablets that output using an HDMI interface to a TV.  The Google Play Store installs tablet apps.  I checked your link for compatible devices and these boxes fit the criteria.  They are not running Android TV.

Last night I installed the update for the app and I am still getting "Error 40" on both devices.  Additionally, the guide no longer works correctly.  Before the screen content would refresh as one scrolled the listings.  Now only the initial screen shows content, and it doesn't refresh while scrolling. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

If I do not get any more help today then, I am canceling my subscription. I think it is great that you guys are making this offer but, the quality of support quite frankly sucks. Please improve your customer support and I might try again.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Yes Android TV please.  This service works fine on my Android devices (until I try to cast), but on my Fire TV it can't keep a stream going and since support chat has never been available to help me when I've tried to chat since launch day I can only hope this will fix it.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

DIRECTVNOWCare, I've not gotten a response back from you. Is this just misleading advertising? A mistake?

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

3 years ago

I don't see any smart tv platforms that would be supported. You can try downloading the Android app on your mobile device if your tv has Google cast.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 years ago

@Robert63IL wrote:

DIRECTVNOWCare, I've not gotten a response back from you. Is this just misleading advertising? A mistake?

Weird! Maybe they thought they could get it to run on some smart TVs but it never happened and this got left in? Or maybe it'll run on some TVs web browsers eventually?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
tbird635

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

3 years ago

The "solution" posed by Support (a support-bot? ) , read the directions, has already been done. Nowhere on that page does it say how to get this service up on Windows 10, other than install Chrome or use IE11 , which is there, but not easy to find.

your solution works great for windows 7, 8, and 8.1 , but not for Windows 10.

The question still stands.

Do you plan on directly supporting Windows 10 users , either by  using Edge, or a UWP app?  "

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Been three days and still can't get it to work on my Matricom G-Box.

I keep getting Error 40 and the Guide is mostly blank.

I also can't get through to the Chat....EVER!

No email support option, so I can't report it that way either.

I will be canceling if I can't get in contact with anyone to figure out a resolution in the next day or two, before free trial week expires.

I figured DTV Now may be a little "buggy" since it's new, but it doesn't work AT ALL!

Disappointing....

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…