Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Thu, Sep 22, 2016 2:42 PM

AT&T TV NOW Supported Devices

AT&T TV NOW Supported Devices

Amazon

• Fire TV stick, cube, or streaming player

• Fire TV edition Smart TV (2nd generation and higher)

Android Phones and tablets running version 5.0 and higher

Apple and iOS

Google

Roku

Heads up: Starting January 1, 2020, you won't be able to add the AT&T TV channel to your Roku device. Already have AT&T TV on your Roku device? You can keep using it as long as you don't delete the app. Once you delete the app, you will be unable to install it. We're actively working on a new agreement with Roku and hope to resolve this soon.

• 4K Roku TV (7000X) and non-4K TV (8000X)

• Roku Streaming Stick® (3600X, 3800RT, 3800RW, 3800X), and Streaming Stick+ (3810RW, 3810X)

• Roku 4 (4400)

• Roku Premiere (4620) and Premiere+ (4630)

• Roku Ultra (4640X, 4660RW, 4660X)

• Roku Express (3900RW, 3900X) and Express+ (3910RW, 3910RX)

Samsung2017 and 2018 Smart TVs

--

When will my device or preferred browser be compatible? We're always working to bring this experience to more folks. At this time, we do not have information on if or when other devices will be added.

Note: AT&T TV NOW does not support rooted or jailbroken devices—that is, phones, tablets, or other devices from which users have removed carrier restrictions to gain extra controls.

-AT&TCustomerCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

LgHorn99

Scholar

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

@XRX225 - no, you cannot record programs from a streaming app such as DIRECTV NOW, Playstation Vue, Sling TV. Tivo can record from a coaxial input only, whether that's a cable line or OTA antenna.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I think most would just want the DirecTV app on TiVo, much like Amazon or Netflix streaming is available on it now.  All my TV in one place.

Cyberhund

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

I can log in with this email and password on my chromebook, unfortunately Directv Now won't work on the chrome browser, so I tried logging in on an app on my ipad mini, but it won't accept the email and password and says "soft locked out" try later.... nice introduction to Directv Now.  I have no idea why the login information that works on the chromebook isn't accepted on the ipad mini app. very frustrating.  Of course, no customer service "chat" is available so I was sent here. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Ok my bag here but fig since they send a free fire stick your service would not start till it got to the user. Also can not watch or use this service since I only have a chromebook get a error browser not suported? but it is a chromebook book so fig I could use it,  Is there a phone number to call them

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Having the EXACT same issue. Directv NOW app installs on the Vizio Android tablet, but cannot load the guide or live TV. NEED A FIX ASAP PLEASE. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall the app several times, rebooted everything with no solution.
mfucci

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Remember, even if the app were to work on the Vizio remote tablet, the SmartCast display is apparently still incompatible with the service (just displays a continuous 10-15 second loop of video). DirecTV hasn't yet even acknowledged the issue despite the many times it has been reported.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Any chance there will be TiVo support for directv now?

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

4 years ago

Installed the Android app from the Google Play Store on my MXQ "set top boxes".  They are running Android 4.4.2 so should be in spec.  The app loads but any stream I try to play crashes with the "error 40" code.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app.  Restarted the boxes.  Flushed the caches in settings and restarted.  Same result every time.

These boxes run an Amlogic S805 quad core processor, 1 GB ram and is connected via WiFi to a 25 mb connection.

FWIW, Hulu, Netflix and Kodi all work fine with streaming video on these boxes.  I have them on different TVs in different rooms. 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

On my iPhone 7, everytime I leave the DirectTV Now app and reopen it, it seems to lose my account info and display the blue "Subscribe" button on almost every TV program, meaning it's "not part of my current plan". If I log out and log back in, everthing seems to work again. 

I tried to reinstall the app and power off and on my phone with no luck.  Please help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

ATTENTION!!! THIS GUY'S FIX IS AWSOME!!!   I am using this on my chromebox and it works perfectly with this chrome add-in: User Agent Switcher  then just add a new agent using his string and BOOM you have a new TV Service for ChromeOS...

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/Chrome/54.0.2840.100 Safari/537.36"

DirecTVNowCare... Please fix the agent for Chrome Browser on Chromebooks and Chromeboxes, it obviously works, just make it easier PLEASE!

-Gord

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

When will I be able to get DirecTV Now on my ROKU 3 ????

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have internet  explorer 11 and google chrome latest versions.  I have installed the microsoft silverlight add on but, still can't stream on my computer . All I get is a blank screen. I made sure I only had one device streaming so that should not be an issue.  Any ideas?   Thanks  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I too would like to voice support for Tivo.  Second choice would  be Xbox One and/or Edge browser.  We dumped SlingTV for DirectTVNow but we have to use a laptop until the FireStick arrives. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Seriously! What's the point of even replying if you ignore his entire point!

Don't get me wrong I'm loving DirecTV NOW, but I can't believe there is Chrome support but not Edge, or at the least a UWP app for the Microsoft ecosystem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

i have minix neo z64 64-bit mini pc for android  unrooted and i get the same error.

Get started...

Ask a new question