Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Tue, May 30, 2017 6:05 PM

AT&T TV NOW - Roku Streaming

If you are wondering which Roku devices are compatible with AT&T TV NOW, we have your answer below.

Please know, Starting January 1, 2020, you won’t be able to add the AT&T TV channel to your Roku device. Already have AT&T TV on your Roku device? You can keep using it as long as you don’t delete the app. We’re actively working on a new agreement with Roku and hope to resolve this soon.

Roku Devices & TV's

Streaming Devices Televisions Roku Ultra 4K Roku TV (model: 7000X)Roku 4Roku TV (model: 8000X)Roku Streaming Stick and PlusInsignia Roku 4K HDR TVRoku Express & PlusTCL Roku 4K HDR TV and more!?  Just select AT&T TV NOW as your TV Provider!

Take advantage of network streams

Did you know you can stream shows or movies from your favorite network

Don’t know your Roku Model Number?

1. Go to the Roku Home Screen.

2. Select Settings > System > About.

-AT&TCustomerCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1 Attachment

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Roku Device Type: Roku TV

Roku Model Number: 5103X

Feedback/Comment/Concern: We just switched plans in order to get the discounted rate on this app. Came home to find the channel is unable to be installed on our Roku Smart TV and it looks like is not supported yet? Hopefully support comes out soon or else this wasn't worth it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Agreed, it's very disappointing when you're a DirecTv Now subscriber but the big Roku announcement doesn't include your TV. 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I was an early adopter of DTVN. But the performance on the AFTV Stick was so awful that I gave up after my initial 5 weeks. Contacted support over and over seeking a fix to no avail. Came back in April and was pleased to find some issues resolved. Now Roku support puts us a step closer to a great streaming service. If we could just get more TV apps supported and a DVR I will be totally happy.

EL34xyz

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

Roku Device Type: Roku2

Roku Model Number: 3100X - Roku XS

Feedback/Comment/Concern: Cannot install directv now app in roku

As was posted above

"Roku Software Version 7.6 (4120) or higher" is required

My Roku has software version 76.0 . build 4125-02
So, my version and build are ok according to the first post in the thread
But it will not install the DirecTV now app 

When I hit "Add Channel"
It says, channel install failed
Could not add "Directv now"

Checking for an update, the roku says that my software is up to date
Restarting the Roku does not help

Why can't I install the app in my roku?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

It is a older mom-supported device. You need to upgrade your DirecTV NOW to work.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Roku Device Type: Express plus
Roku Model Number: 3710X
Feedback/Comment/Concern: it won't let me log into my directv now account

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Seems fine on my TCL Roku tv.  No jiggyness (stuttering) or suddenly kicking back to home menu as experienced on Fire TV stick.  (Not sure of the jiggy variable, as I've set my router QoS prioritized to video about a week ago.  I think I'll turn that off and see what happens).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

There needs to be a last channel viewed function. The back to top button would be perfect for this.

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

I couldn't be more happy! My Roku Premier+ is working perfectly. No issues, no freezing, no buffering. I can now enjoy the service as it should be. Sorry for my Amazon Fire TV Stick, but the Roku just outperformed it big time!

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

Is the Roku signal 1080p or 720p? 

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

3 years ago

Roku

Express working a treat on DTVN Early Release.

Positive - Guide cycles from Weather to AMC just like every other device (except Amazon FireTV Stick)

Positive - Networks don't seem to launch videos without input before I even finish reading the description and decide

Negative - Menus are a bit slower than FireTV Stick, but this may be related to 2.4 vs 5 wireless networks. Planning to relocate 2.4 access point to improve signal strength. Spending a lot of time watching that blue line "run the bases" is getting old

Request - Allow user selectable permanent choice of all channels or favourites in guide

Request - Launch to a menu offering choices not simply dropping to whatever channel was in use last. Many times this just wastes time and bandwidth because I'm waiting to escape "some sort of Housewives of Somewhere" show.

I do applaud the effort and look toward to updated versions...

rrgg

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

3 years ago

3 comments on the Roku app:

1) There's a noticeable lag when changing channels compared to Apple TV.  (I have both devices on the same TV and using wifi.  The Roku is a Premiere.)

2) Feature request: I'd like a way to page through the guide quickly on Roku.  (Apple TV offers this by sliding along the right edge of the remote.) 

3) Feature request: "previous channel" function for both Roku and Apple TV, the same as what every TV and cable box offer.  Thank you!

RickD911

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

3 years ago

Literally every service out there works with every version of Roku except Directv Now.  Sling works.  PSVue works.  Directv Now not.  More proof that the technical team for Directv Now isn't up to the task.  As if the Directv Now service is more demanding than either Sling or PSVue.  The fact that you have to have a 900 mhz processor to be a Directv Now approved Roku is ridiculous.  Clearly Directv Now aren't spending money on quality technicians or programmers.  Inexcusable really.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Roku Device Type: TV

Roku Model Number: 32S3750

Feedback/Comment/Concern:  Please add the DirectTvNow app to this model. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Roku 3
4200x
On demand playback such as the rewind feature and 72hr rewind show and on demand material have an issue with playback. The picture all of a sudden speeds up and does not match the audio. And it does this ofter throughout the show and after commercials.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…