Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Tue, May 30, 2017 6:05 PM

AT&T TV NOW - Roku Streaming

If you are wondering which Roku devices are compatible with AT&T TV NOW, we have your answer below.

Please know, Starting January 1, 2020, you won’t be able to add the AT&T TV channel to your Roku device. Already have AT&T TV on your Roku device? You can keep using it as long as you don’t delete the app. We’re actively working on a new agreement with Roku and hope to resolve this soon.

Roku Devices & TV's

Streaming Devices Televisions Roku Ultra 4K Roku TV (model: 7000X)Roku 4Roku TV (model: 8000X)Roku Streaming Stick and PlusInsignia Roku 4K HDR TVRoku Express & PlusTCL Roku 4K HDR TV and more!?  Just select AT&T TV NOW as your TV Provider!

Take advantage of network streams

Did you know you can stream shows or movies from your favorite network

Don’t know your Roku Model Number?

1. Go to the Roku Home Screen.

2. Select Settings > System > About.

-AT&TCustomerCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1 Attachment

Responses

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Unable to watch on Demand content because of buffering every 10 seconds or so.  Streaming of live content works fine.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Ok so Roku SE isn't supported. However, based on your requirements, the Roku device needs to be on at least Software Version 7.6 (4120) which my Roku SE has software version 7.6 build 4120.  Any particular reason why the Roku SE isn't supported?    

I can actually search and find the the DirecTV Now app in the store but when I go to add it, I get " Channel install failed could not add "DIRECTV NOW"

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

In addition to the software - it's the hardware also. Many of the Roku TV's are not supported in addition.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I understand there may be hardware requirements and while disappointing that they might not support a dated Roku stick from 2014, I guess I can understand that. Keep in mind that all other major video providers that I use on that same Roku stick (CBS, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Sling, Fox Sports Go, etc.) stream perfectly fine on that hardware today. 

I think it would be unacceptable for the DTV Now app to not support current hardware, such as the huge line of 1080 TV's that they are still selling as new 2017 models: https://www.roku.com/roku-tv. If Roku is not going to insist that App developers support even their current TV lines then I think they should stop selling them.

What I would really like to see is an official statement on what hardware they have plans to support and what hardware will for sure not ever be supported. I don't really want to buy new Roku sticks to replace 2 3500X sticks, but I might if I need to. However, I don't want to buy them today, only to have the app released on that older hardware soon. Is this really just a "limited release" that will be scaled out to all recent Roku hardware over the next few weeks? Or is their app so much more resource hungry compared to all of their peers that it just can't be run on anything but the latest and greatest.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

When will ROKU Apps for HGTV and DIY work with DirecTVNow subscription

Emailed HGTV support and received the following answer:

DirecTV Now is not yet a partner with us for the video content on our Roku channel, but we are working with them to reach an agreement. We will add them to our list of providers once they are participating.

Best regards,

HGTV Customer Service

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

3 years ago

Have 2 Roku 5110X TVs that have the correct software level, but are not supported?

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

3 years ago

@mooseofark- This is one of the things that boggles my mind. I don't understand how or why, these agreements from HGTV, DIY, and others weren't included in the decision for DirecTV Now to carry the live channel in the first place. I mean it's not like DirecTV has never done this before. DirecTV (satellite) has nearly every shared sign-in possible. If it already exists on the satellite side of the business, internet sign-in should have been a mandatory part of the agreement for the live cable channel.

lmolter54

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

3 years ago

Call me Ishmael, but I don't mind the Roku version. Actually welcomed it. Too many video issues with the Fire devices. Haven't noticed any excessive buffering issues on the wireless devices (a Roku Premier+). I do stay away from rewind and pause only because they are buggy. But, generally speaking, the channel line-ups are great (for us, because Vue and Sling don't have what we want). I seem to be in a minority actually liking the service as a whole and the Roku app. Can't wait for the cloud DVR.

lydian

Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

3 years ago

The main reason I've hated the service for the past 5 months is because of how terrible the Fire TV app was. The Roku app is far better, so most of the issues that ruined the service for me have gone away with this app.

ohiograd06

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

3 years ago

If they just keep smoothing out the app and add cloud dvr we are good.  We did try out sling's cloud dvr and it is nice.  Direct TV now, please take a lesson from sling.

unkamik

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

3 years ago

I'm a few days into my 30 day trial. I've been with Vue since November. Both services run pretty good on my Roku3 and Premier+. One evening Velocity buffered a couple of times, but occasionally Vue buffers on certain channels, so for me it's a wash. I have the $35 packages on both services but DTN has a much better program lineup. Vue does have the DVR which we sometimes use to catch up. If somebody could definitely say that a DVR is coming to DTN then my decision to switch would be easier to make. But DTN has the guide, which I never thought I'd need but which has turned out to be something I really like, especially when I can put channels I watch into favorites and use those in a guide.  Gonna be a tough decision.

guest68

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

3 years ago

As to hoping that older Roku units will be included at a later date, I doubt it will happen.

Chatted today and the agent all but confirmed that they will NOT be trying to support those units.

I continued to keep Directv in hopes of the roku version working better than the FIrestick has been. Since my 3 Rokus are not supported, I still don't know.

As I have said, this company loves to over commit and under perform. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Just got the email saying that DirectTV Now is finally available on the Roku!  Good to hear!  I wanted to try out this service when it was first announced to see how it was, but I have Roku's - so I couldn't.  But now that I CAN try it out - I'm not sure that I WANT to.

In the beginning, you rewarded early adopters with a nice perk - the $60 subscription plan for only $35!  But that deal is not longer available.  Problem is - the only reason I wasn't an early adopter was because you didn't have support for all the devices you should have when you launched.

So, whatdoya say??  Re-enable that deal for new Roku users who sign up??  Sounds pretty fair!  As of right now, I haven't even tried the service to see if I want to switch from Sling.  But even if I tried it and liked it - right now I doubt I would change since I can no longer get the discounted subscription.

I'm sure I'm not the only Roku user to feel this way....

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

3 years ago

I wonder why older units aren't automatically supported regardless. Maybe it's a codec issue and those older units can't do H.264? Are they running an old version of Roku OS? Or maybe DTV Now is going all in on H.265 so only the newest hardware can decode that.

Otherwise it seems like writing a Roku app should just work across 99% of the players the way writing a Windows app works fine across multiple Windows computers. The API should take care of app compatibility for the most part.

Disclaimer: I'm just speaking theoretically. I haven't actually written a Roku app. But, considering all the existing apps on Roku, I can't imagine everyone constantly rewrites their apps for every new hardware release.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I asked a customer service representative in a chat a few days ago. Yes,
cloud DVR is in the works.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…