Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

Tue, May 30, 2017 6:05 PM

AT&T TV NOW - Roku Streaming

If you are wondering which Roku devices are compatible with AT&T TV NOW, we have your answer below.

Please know, Starting January 1, 2020, you won’t be able to add the AT&T TV channel to your Roku device. Already have AT&T TV on your Roku device? You can keep using it as long as you don’t delete the app. We’re actively working on a new agreement with Roku and hope to resolve this soon.

Roku Devices & TV's

Streaming Devices Televisions Roku Ultra 4K Roku TV (model: 7000X)Roku 4Roku TV (model: 8000X)Roku Streaming Stick and PlusInsignia Roku 4K HDR TVRoku Express & PlusTCL Roku 4K HDR TV and more!?  Just select AT&T TV NOW as your TV Provider!

Take advantage of network streams

Did you know you can stream shows or movies from your favorite network

Don’t know your Roku Model Number?

1. Go to the Roku Home Screen.

2. Select Settings > System > About.

-AT&TCustomerCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

1 Attachment

Responses

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

Do you have the supported app. Older systems seem to be not supported.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Very happy on my Roku Express.  Fast and no buffering.  The guide is missing program info on many channels.  Hope it is corrected soon.

ohiograd06

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you guys first off for the Roku app.  The only thing I can say we really had issues with, on a Roku stick 3600r model, was sometimes buffering.  In other words, the show would start almost fast forwarding which was weird.  If you changed channels and went back to it again, it seemed ok.  Just very strange.  That said, I do realize that this is only the first version of the app.  If they can get the load on the servers figured out, and add on cloud dvr option(I would even pay an additional 5-10 a month for this), I would be happy.  Otherwise, price vs channel package is where I want.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I just chatted with an agent today. A cloud DVR service is in the works!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

0 for 3 on support on my devices. 

Roku Device Type: Roku Streaming Stick

Roku Model Number: 3500R  7.6.0 build 4125-09

Roku Device Type: TV

Roku Model Number: Sharp 5303X    7.6.0 build 4127-13

Feedback/Comment/Concern: Please add support for these devices. I own two 3500R and was excited to see the release of the app but disappointed to see it's not working on my streaming stick or TV.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Roku Device Type: ROKU 3

Roku Model Number: 4230X

Feedback/Comment/Concern: The following suggestions are offered for consideration.

1.  Provide an option to make "Favorite Channels" the default selection in the Guide.  At present the guide resets to "All Channels" each time the app is relaunched.  At present these selections function slightly differently on Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, and mobile.  Make them consistent across devices and save the setting on app relaunch.

2.  Provide a previous/last channel shortcut feature.

3.  Provide easier access to the Guide (fewer button presses).  Perhaps swap "Search" and "Guide" in the Top Menu so that "Guide" comes first since "Guide" is likely used more often than "Search".    

lydian

Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

3 years ago

Roku Device Type: Roku Express

Roku Model Number:  3700X

Feedback/Comment/Concern:

- Left and Right Arrows won't change channels

- Start program from beginning not available on any programs

- 72 hr rewind not available

- Featured program "Better Call Saul" has zero season 3 episodes available

Comment: In spite of a few bugs, this app is working very well compared to the Fire TV app. I've experienced no freezing, buffering or crashes. Controls, features and look and feel are consistent across platforms. Well done!

Thanks

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Like others, glad to finally see the app.  I was weeks away from cancelling.  

As previously mentioned, the guide is missing channel information from many channels.  

I think that the service needs to have profiles like competition already has.  With five people in the house, it is an inconvenience not being able to separate peoples viewing preferences.

The biggest issue that I have had so far is that it only allows me to have 10 watchlist items.  If I put more on, it drops one off.  There needs to be a separate page for watchlist items and no limit on the number you are allowed to have.  Again, the competition has you beat.

And as others have said, the 72 hour rewind is not working properly and is NO substitution for the promised DVR function.  There are a couple of shows that aren't even showing on the 72 hour rewind that originally aired 5 days ago.  They are more than a week behind.  Also, only having a few shows available on any given season of a show is pretty useless.

Glad to see it, but there are a few things that need to be corrected before I will be convinced to stick with it.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I was excited to see this and hopped on to sign up for the month free trial, which it is NOT free.  You charge a month 1st, then you get a month free, that's not a 'free trial'.   I could only get the 7 day free trial anyhow.  I've seen two things already that are a stickler for me.  My devices are a Roku Stick and Roku Express.

1.)Stations will appear very dark colored and then it brightens up and no it's not my tv, it happens on both tv's.  I notice it the most on live news stations.

2.)Guide bounces in time.  As you scroll, you come across a channel that is already streaming programming, but once you scroll by it, the guide either jumps to the start time of that program or the end time of that program.  So as your scrolling for say 6pm, you scroll by a show that started at 4pm and ends at 7pm, the guide jumps everything to 7pm, and if you're not really paying attention, you scroll and notice you're on the wrong time.

I understand you're having issues with the Guide today, but this was happening last night too, so just think it's the way the guide is programmed.

I do enjoy the look and feel of DirecTV now...and thank you for getting it out to Roku owners!  And thank you for the ability to give feedback.  

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

3 years ago

Although a DVR wasn't technically promised, I think the 72 hour rewind is the biggest disappointment out of everything so far because of the fact that it isn't a full 72 hours. It's more like a small selection of programs are available on demand (like Netflix streaming), and those expire in 72 hours. But the full 72 hours isn't there. Looking at CNN for example, there are just 5 shows from yesterday, C-SPAN and ESPN don't have anything.

Also live pause doesn't seem to work either. If I'm viewing a show without rewind it just picks up the live stream when I un-pause it a few minutes later. On a show with the rewind feature, trying to pause across the hour (when the show would normally end) will stop the show and load the next live show. I can reload the show I had been watching, but like pouring salt in a wound, it won't let me fast forward to the point where I left off.  That really annoyed me the other day when I figured that out.

So the 72 hour rewind, in it's current condition, is definitely not a good stop-gap for a DVR. Unfortunately.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

You are not winning my heart.  I finally sat down and did the 72 hour rewind on a great movie I missed in Hallmark and an hour in and it's buffering, stopping/starting and finally stopping.  It's great in theory, but in the real world if this is what it's like with Directv now?, well, I'd have to say another service will win my heart.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I am also getting random messages in the middle of shows that say this content is not available in your area.  The channels I may have already been watching the same show for 2-3 shows and then this comes up and I can't watch anymore.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Updated my TCL 40FS3750 TV (5135X) to 7.6.0 build 4127-08. Restarted, and the DirecTV Now app shows in the search list. However, when adding channel I get "Channel is not supported". I hope Roku TVs aren't left in the dust much longer, especially if they are capable of running the latest Roku firmware...

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I love getting new technology, but I have to say, I lasted about 1 day, if that.  There was too much buffering and on one movie it stopped at the same place 3x.  (I'm a gluten for punishment so kept trying thinking it would have different results.  Isn't that the symptom to insanity?)So, I opted to cancel my 7 day free trial in advance and go back to a competitor.  Maybe I'll try again later in the year when the 'bugs' get ironed out.  Between the issues with the guide, the buffering and the lack of ability to retain a movie stream.  I did reset my modem, made some tweaks, but still, didn't work.  I spent TOO much time I think trying to 'make it work'.  Sadly in this day and age, quality is long gone, gone are the days of writing a program, testing a program in every way possible, using a 'beta' field test with just a limited few to help find bugs to correct.  It just seems every company is in such a hurry to get it out there.   That just leads to frustrated potential customers.   

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

Roku Device Type: Roku TV

Roku Model Number: 5106X

Feedback/Comment/Concern: Not supported - will updates in future support this model.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…