Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
E

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 8:09 PM

AT&T TV Now on Roku - app crashes when I try to view guide

Whenever I try and click on the down button on the Roku remote to view the guide, library or on demand options, the app crashes. I’ve updated the app, restarted the Roku and also updated the software in Roku and still nothing. Someone please HELP! 

Responses

chriggsiii

• 

143 Messages

2 months ago

Is it possible it's geographically based?  I'm in NYC, and my app is operating fine on my Roku.  Those of you who are experiencing this problem, where are you located, please?  Thanks.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I have an At&t hotspot. I am trying to find out if I watch AT&T I I have an AT&T Hotspot device. I am trying to find out if I watch AT&T TV on using it and my ROKU if it will eat up the GB on my limited data plan. I really do not want to find out I chewed through all of my GBs watching TV.  Hopeful AT&T is cutting their AT&T TV &  AT&T Hotspot users a break. Everything I am seeing at the website is about AT&T Fiber internet and AT&T TV. Fiber internet is not an option for me.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I have an At&t hotspot. I am trying to find out if I watch AT&T I I have an AT&T Hotspot device. I am trying to find out if I watch AT&T TV on using it and my ROKU if it will eat up the GB on my limited data plan. I really do not want to find out I chewed through all of my GBs watching TV.  Hopeful AT&T is cutting their AT&T TV &  AT&T Hotspot users a break. Everything I am seeing at the website is about AT&T Fiber internet and AT&T TV. Fiber internet is not an option for me.

kjshan

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

2 months ago

I am having the same issue on all my devices - Roku and Amazon. It is the App! I did try the work around but you have to be FAST with the arrows! Someone on a different thread had a theory about location? I have no idea why that would matter. 

I think it is really planned obsolescence so we all start paying more for HBO for premium HBOMAX on our other cable or streaming providers, since it is not available on ROKU or Amazon. 

chriggsiii

• 

143 Messages

2 months ago

I'm not clear why anyone talks about HBO Max in connection with this problem.

Now, why did I mention location?  Because many of us, like me, ARE NOT HAVING THIS PROBLEM, as you can see when you look through this thread.  So how does one explain the fact that some of us have this problem and some of us don't?  Location would seem to be one possible variable, no?

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

People mention HBO Max because AT&T owns HBO, and with certain mobile plans you get free HBO, including HBO Max, which is formerly what the TV Now app is for those of us who get free HBO. What I read on a different stream was that the TV Now app is no longer available as a roku app unless you already had it prior to the HBO Max release, and they really aren't supporting it anymore. So if you delete it, you might not get it back. It stands to reason that since AT&T wont allow HBO Max on roku yet, the probably are not supportive of the TV Now app on roku at this time either. FYI, I'm on the west coast.

chriggsiii

• 

143 Messages

2 months ago

Actually, the Roku app for AT&T TV Now has been restored.  It was restored a few weeks ago, and is now listed, both at https://cdn.directv.com/content/dam/dtv/prod/website_directvnow/modals/devices.html and at https://channelstore.roku.com/details/140474/at-and-t-tv .  And, as far as I'm concerned, that's great because I find it superior to the Fire TV app.  Most dramatically, it's got visible thumbnail video during fast forward/rewind.  In addition, there is an annoying bug in the Fire TV app.  If one is playing the "live" portion of a DVR recording, one cannot go directly to the fast forward or rewind function.  One has to first step through the 15 sec. forward or or 15 sec. back function to get to them.

More broadly, however, I'm suspecting that much of the scuttlebut about the imminent demise of TV Now itself may have been premature.  We've been hearing about that ever since January, when AT&T TV rolled out, but somehow it hasn't happened.  And now that YTTV increased its prices WA-A-A-A-Y-Y-Y more than anyone was expecting after they added the Viacom channels, I suspect that its nearest cheapest competitor, the Plus option of TV Now, will enjoy a brief new lease on life.

Because of that, I can't wait for the 3rd quarter subscriber reports for YTTV and TV Now!  Today Fierce Video released them through the second quarter, which only documents up to the point BEFORE YTTV screwed its subscribers.  I suspect we will see a significant influx of former YTTV subscribers like me to TV Now in the 3rd quarter.  If I'm right, that could change a lot of things about the way AT&T handles TV Now.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I am in Florida and the ATT now app on roku keeps crashing here but I did what someone else suggested and clicked down and then right really fast and it worked!  

kjshan

Tutor

• 

16 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for clarifying my point about the ATT TV app and HBO service. I would normally have no need for the ATT TV streaming service honestly b/c I have every other subscription in the universe! I only use it for the HBO service, as I have Showtime through Prime. I am a legacy wireless subscriber, and they phased out HBOGO.

I have a large family of diverse digital viewers, so I spread around my streaming dollar to many providers. I was a UVerse and Fiber customer for over 7 years, but the service/streaming was terrible in my area. I could not justify the cost for the quality.

I don’t think I should field guilty for expecting the service I am paying $350/month to actually work, but hey, it’s great if it works for you! The HBO tier is part of my service package & when it crashes every time we use it, AT&T is not standing by its SLA.

As consumers, we can communicate when we have a problem, they can fix the problem, or we can take our business elsewhere. I have been a wireless customer since 1995 - yes I am loyal, but I don’t like rubbing my tummy and patting my head to get my TV to work in 2020! Fix this!

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

This has been happening on all four on my Roku players for about a week now. Getting very frustrated as the ATT TV app is now the only

way for me to access HBO on any of my TVs (really happy with both HBO and Roku for this predicament I find myself in. Not.)

Get started...

Ask a new question