Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
E

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 8:09 PM

AT&T TV Now on Roku - app crashes when I try to view guide

Whenever I try and click on the down button on the Roku remote to view the guide, library or on demand options, the app crashes. I’ve updated the app, restarted the Roku and also updated the software in Roku and still nothing. Someone please HELP! 

Responses

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

3 months ago

It very well may be your device. The app works fine for most users. If it was corrupt then everyone would be complaining. Maybe a factory reset of the device may resolve your issue.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
chriggsiii

• 

143 Messages

3 months ago

I can confirm the app is working properly on my Roku as well.

You might want to check with Chat support.  My experience with them, so far, has been positive.  I had a DVR playback problem that started on the 1st and they fixed it in three days, which is more than I can say for most customer support for these live TV streaming services (and I've had a LOT of them!).

Their chat support page is at https://www.att.com/support/contact-us/att-tv-now/ .

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I’m experiencing exactly the same. Did you ever resolve the issue?

laurin1

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

2 months ago

We just started having the same problem. Worked fine until last night. 

laurin1

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

2 months ago

I just tried Chat and they were no help. 

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I'm also having the same problem and it's on both my roku devices... definitely not just your device. 

fastfinger

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

2 months ago

Second day still the same problem with AT&T TV and HBO on a Roku TV. It streams "Watch Now" but as soon as you try to scroll down the app crashes. 

(edited)

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

2 months ago

No issues here on Roku. I am using the same app for Roku's that everyone else is using. Suggest trying factory reset to eliminate the device.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I’m having the same issue when trying to navigate by pressing the down arrow.  It’s a pain, but I just figured out that if I quickly  press the right arrow (after pressing the down arrow) I’m able to avoid being routed to the home page.  

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Jabrod, 

Yass... this is brilliant.  If quickly press the right arrow (after pressing the down arrow) I’m able to avoid being routed to the home page.  Quickly is the key. I tried it once and was to slow. It does the trick and THANK YOU for sharing. 

fastfinger

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you jabrod! , great work around until it's fixed

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

You should get a Nobel prize for this. Or a Coronabel prize. 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Having the same issue on all 7 of my roku devices. Thanks for the workaround but this is ridiculous. 

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I'm having the same issue as well on all 4 of my roku devices ranging from 5 years old to brand new, all with current updates. The workaround does not work for me because after a couple of seconds, the app will still crash and kick me to the home screen. This is an AT&T app issue, not a roku issue. Why can't HBO Max be on roku? AT&T would get so many subscriptions. Nobody wants to watch movies on their phone.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have the same issue on 2 rokus.

Get started...

Ask a new question