AT&T TV App on Amazon Firestick - Install & Troubleshoot
Some smart TVs & Devices already have the AT&T TV app installed. If not, not to worry, getting it is easy and you'll find steps below.
Getting an error Code? AT&T TV Error Messages.
AT&T TV App Install - Amazon Devices
|From Your Device||From The Web (amazon.com)|
Amazon device & AT&T TV Troubleshooting
In most instances, restarting your device or uninstalling/ reinstalling the AT&T TV app can resolve most issue. If that does not work, we have some solutions below that may.
How to update the AT&T TV application?
- In the left menu, select Settings.
- Scroll to and select the Apps menu.
- Scroll down to highlight and select the Appstore.
- Use the center touchpad button to set automatic updates to "on."
- From the main screen, scroll down to “Settings”
- Select “Display & Sounds”
- Scroll down and select “Display”
- Select the resolution mode of your preference.
- Make sure the audio on your TV isn't muted.
- If going through another sound device, remove it and connect directly to the TV for testing purposes.
- From the Home screen, go to Settings > Display & Sounds > Dolby Digital Output and make sure Dolby Digital Plus is set to OFF.
- Unplug and reconnect the HDMI cable connecting Fire TV device to your TV. You may need to try a different HDMI cable.
Causes and Solutions for buffering issues
- Change your video resolution to a lower setting for testing purposes
- Holding BACK and REVERSE and RIGHT and SELECT simultaneously for 10 seconds, the Fire TV will begin to cycle through various resolution settings. It will stop at each setting for 10 seconds and cycle to the next option if you do not press SELECT. Pressing SELECT will save the current display setting.
- Go to Settings > Display > video resolution
- You can also access the hidden video resolution options by:
- If connected WiFi, make sure you are connected to a 5Ghz connection.
- Close any background apps, like Kodi or Plex.
- Ensure the software for the Amazon device and AT&T TV are up to date.
- Clear disk space
- Go to your Amazon device home screen.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Look at the Internal Space at the bottom left corner. If it's at 1GB or less, you will need to clear some space.
- Move electronics away for the Amaxon device. Some can emit RF interference that can affect Wi-Fi and cause buffering.
- Change your power supply. If your device is not getting enough power from the power cable or the outlet, buffering can occur. We suggest connecting directly into the electrical outlet instead of going through a surge protector.
Note: Compatible with Generation 2 and above.