Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
N

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Dec 4, 2020 2:11 AM

AT&T TV APP in Smart TV vs AT&T TV with Receiver

Tired of Hulu and it's buffering and not having all channels.

Ordered AT&T TV---but if I can get the app on my smart TV---is there any reason for me to need the receiver?  I do not use DVR.

Responses

Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

2 months ago

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Lemme try to rephrase this....are there any different features I’d get with the receiver versus just using the app on my tv?

Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

2 months ago

With the ATT TV box the guide has channel numbers where the other streaming devices the channels are in alphabetical order.

The ATT TV remote is easier to use then the  streaming devices remotes.

There are imbedded apps in the ATT TV box Netflix, HBO MAX  

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I think when you order ATT TV 1 box is always included. 

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

a month ago

According to the fine print, one is included for customers with good credit - no definition provided of what good credit means.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Yes but they dont have the app available for smart tv's that run on android tv. This actually makes no sense to me being that the service is designed on an android tv platform and the box is simply an android tv streaming box.

You must have a 3rd party source at this point.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Thank you--looks like I will be returning 2 of the 3 boxes I ordered---app works just fine.

Get started...

Ask a new question