Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 10:01 PM

AT&T Now App for LG TV

I recently purchased a LG 65'E8 PUA OLED tv for my great room (beautiful picture quality), but currently I have DirecTV Now app/service on my office tv and guest room tv's via Roku. The WebOs systems on LG TV's don't currently carry or support the DirecTV Now app. To enhance the customer experience the DirecTV Now app is a must have. Are there plans in the near future to add the app/service to LG tv's and if so, the decision makers that may read this is there an ETA on this? Can new and current LG tv customers expect to see something in Q1 or Q2 of 2019?

Best Regards, 

Keir Tilford

Responses

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

We just bought an LG OLED and mounted it today. Turned it on. And OMG - no ATT TV app?!!!! We found somewhere that we have to STREAM FROM OUR PHONES!!! Unacceptable. We wouldn’t have spent $2000 on their nice beautiful new OLED if we weren’t told by ATT that all we need is a smart TV to use ATT TV. We also wouldn’t have spent $2000 on our nice beautiful new OLED if the reviews on the LG mentioned it wasn’t capable of carrying the ATT app. 

so frustrating 

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

You can certainly use the service with that TV, if use means watch on that TV.  However, there's no native app for the TV, so you will have to use an external streaming device connected to one of the TV's inputs.  (It's unclear if there was a miscommunication, or if someone was uninformed - but there are dozens of incompatible types of "smart TV", and only a couple have native apps for AT&T TV.)  If you actually subscribed to AT&T TV (contract service), then one such streaming device (an AT&T branded streamer) is included with your subscription.  Otherwise, here is the information on supported devices.  

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

AYFKM? Then maybe instruct your sales reps to quit telling people "oh you don't need another box, just get a smart TV and install the AT&T app". Maybe I'll relocate somewhere back in the real world where things actually just work as advertised.... And cancel this ridiculous if/then/maybe AT&T "pretend" internet TV service baloney, it's been how many years and AT&T still doesn't know LG televisions are a thing?

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

Agreed... Salesperson gave me the same “all you need is a smart TV” line of (Edited per community guidelines).  I didn’t buy the LG TV I wanted to yet... thankfully.  Apparently the only smart TV that has the app available is Samsung according to the link above

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I am annoyed just spent 5000 on a new OLED 77 inches, and cant get ATT TV I am frustrated and I feel misled. I want to report them to the better business bureau

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

2 months ago

Report them for what?  Not having an app for a TV they say they don't have an app for?  If you look on the list of supported devices (here), which is easy to find from their website or a Google search, you won't find LG.  I have to say, it is unclear to me why people assume that every smart TV supports every app - they don't, because someone has to write and support that app on that platform, and that doesn't happen magically.

You can certainly get AT&T TV (or AT&T TV Now, which is the forum you posted to) on that TV.  You'll just need to use one of the supported devices plugged into one of the TV's inputs.  If you spent $5000 on the TV, you can probably afford $30 for an Amazon FireStick...

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question