Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
K

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 7:51 AM

at&t login

I was made aware that I was able to watch my AT&T tv on my laptop. I went to the site to login, I typed in the username as well as the password and I was redirected to the same page to login once again, and another and another. I put in a wrong password just to see if I would get any type of other information and it notified me that the password or username were incorrect. I typed in the right info, and it redirected me AGAIN to type in the login information. I do not have issues on my mobile devices just on my laptop. I was told I was able to watch it on any device as long as it is only streaming from one device which I am completely aware of. Why is this happening?

Responses

chriggsiii

• 

143 Messages

6 months ago

I'm guessing that your browser permissions are too strict.  I would guess that AT&T plants a cookie when you successfully log in that permits the browser to access the AT&T Watch page.  If your browser permissions are too strict, the cookie doesn't get permission to be added, so access to the Watch page never happens.

Unfortunately cookie permissions and security configs are vastly different from browser to browser, and are also usually immensely user-unfriendly.  So, if you're not extremely comfortable with configuring settings like that, you're probably screwed.

It's possible that AT&T Customer Support might have some browser security settings they could walk you through, but most customer support reps are not that knowledgeable.  Worth a shot perhaps.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

6 months ago

Common problem with browsers. Make sure JavaScript is enabled. Also clean cache and cookies (for all dates) and try again. If it fails then try running in incognito mode. The reason you do not see the icon is due to some extension, program, or blocker preventing the icon from appearing.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question