Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 7, 2017 7:45 PM

App keeps signing me off while watching

I keep getting signed out while watching directvnow and have to renter my password. Is there a fix for this?

Responses

theroys88

Guru

• 

513 Messages

4 years ago

At least the Directvnowcare reps actually acknowledged the issue which is a first as far as I know. Now if they could solve the late evening buffering then we would be gettins somewhere.

Jake2914

Guru

• 

902 Messages

4 years ago

Well, the issue is fixed with the last update. Now channels take 20sec to load. Pick your poison.

theroys88

Guru

• 

513 Messages

4 years ago

You wonder if they will ever release a firmware that doesn't cause another problem. Shows how average these engineers are streaming technology.

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

This problem is not fixed for me. Happens less frequently, but I still have to put in my password at least once per day. Version 1.0.4.2318. Come on guys, this makes watching a pretty miserable experience.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I  just switched to AT&T this week and I seriously regret it. I have not been able to use my DirecTVNow. It works for 5 to 10 minutes and then it logs me out and gives me the FreeView version. Not only does it do this on my iPhone 8+ app, it does this on my Roku TV every freaking time. My promo came with HBO for free. It is nowhere to be found. I also ordered Showtime. It is nowhere to be found. Nobody seems to be able to help me. I have chatted with AT&T since Tuesday afternoon and evenings. I’ve spent my evenings at the AT&T store. They said they’ve never Seen this before. Am I really the only one? The interesting thing is I got an extra Line to add my daughter. On her new iPhone 8+, she’s able to use the app DIRECTV NOW perfectly fine. And she’s logged in under my account! The account that I cannot use on my phone or my TV. I’m so angry and frustrated and I just want to cancel AT&T.  The customer service is not geared to be solution oriented. I have to explain every time the issue. They tell me the same thing: reset your password! Uninstall and reinstall the app! Clear the settings and return it to factory settings then reinstall the app. All the same generic words you get when you call your IT Help Desk and they ask you if you rebooted your computer? Please help or I’m done!

BillAnt

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same logout issue as you guys, on the android app it keeps loosing the password after about an hour.

Here's what I'm experiencing:

Let say I start watching a channel, after about an hour, if I try to change channels it shows "Upgrade now!", thinking that I'm not logged in.

Interestingly, if I go back to the same channel which I started watching originally, that will play fine.

This seems to suggests that the issue is not with the local android app, but with the registration database on the AT&T servers loosing my current session login.

So, what I have to do, is go to settings, Sign Out, then sign back in.

And yes, I've tried it on several different devices, upgraded the DirecTVnow app to the latest version, uninstalled it reinstalled it till my fingers bled, yet it still doesn't work.

This is laughable and ridiculous that a media giant like AT&T can't fix it after hundreds if not thousands of complaint.

Now, I have tried the suggestions from many forums including this, which basically says go to app properties, clear the cache, and restart.

I did just that, but it does NOT FIX IT!!  Clearing the cache/data DOES NOT FIX this constant logout issue, it's just a temporary solution (if you can even call it that).  It does nothing more than if I went to app settings, logging out and logging back again, just done through clearing the cache/data.

Listen AT&T, if it's not fixed soon, I'm taking my hard earned money elsewhere after my 3 months of prepaid service is over.

It's absolutely annoying and thinking about dropping this frustrating service and going with the reliable YouTubeTV or Hulu.

This is not a threat, but a promise, it's up to you AT&T!

By the way, having this issue marked as SOLVED, is an outright LIE!!  IT'S NOT FIXED!!

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

3 years ago

Have you tried to reinstall the app?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
BillAnt

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, uninstalled it and reinstalled it multiple times on multiple devices, but when I try to change channels it shows a message "Upgrade now" or "Not authorized", thinking that I'm logged out, yet most of the time I can still continue to watch the channel which I started watching initially.  Quote from my previous message:

"And yes, I've tried it on several different devices, upgraded the DirecTVnow app to the latest version, uninstalled it reinstalled it till my fingers bled, yet it still doesn't work."

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

Do I have to reinstall the app EVERY TWO HOURS? Not helpful

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

Not helpful. No other app needs to be reinstalled every two hours. This is not a solution

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

So I have to do this every day? Not acceptable

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

I am not going to reinstall the app everytime I want to watch. NOT HELPFUL

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

A year and a half later. Problem still not solved

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

A year and a half later and you have no "solution". I do not believe you are "working" on anything

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

2 years ago

You are only chatting with users here. Nothing we can do here.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question