Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 7, 2017 7:45 PM

App keeps signing me off while watching

I keep getting signed out while watching directvnow and have to renter my password. Is there a fix for this?

Responses

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for absolutely nothing DirecTV Now.  We do this several times a day.  It is not a solution.

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hi,

We apologize about any confusions. The reasons for the marked solutions is to let others know what is happening without having to read through the entire thread. We apologize about all the issues, and we are working towards getting this issue resolved. Thank you for your patience while we work on getting this fixed.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
gerrymad

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

@ATTTVNOWHelp

To be honest, this is actually one of the first replies which makes sense and I appreciate it. Perhaps I've missed it elsewhere, but until now I've not seen much in the way of ackowledging there are service side issues. For the most part forum responses have been simply directing people to the various links which give no real solution to the problems. I think that's added to the frustration here because people feel like they're being told the problem is on their end vs. the problems being in the Directv Now system and apps which is where the problem seems to be. Thank you.

jeza66

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

I was getting signed out every hour. Now it seems to be down to once a day but it's still a pain. Is this going to be resolved where I can stay signed in? Please let me know soon as I will have to cancel if this is not corrected.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Neither the Firestick or Apple tv will stream.AN YES tried all the fixes.SAME story,error code q 1501,40 or freezes up.I am trying too be patient butttt this needs to be fixed,OHHH an ALL other apps that stream work fine.Another thing we trid the app an my wifes Iphone 7 an it worked fine.???????? SMH FIX IT!!!!!

jeza66

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

SAME HERE

Coach

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@DIRETVNOW your recommendations are not working... Same issues and problems,,

gottahavit

Scholar

• 

126 Messages

4 years ago

@ATTTVNOWHelp

Maybe instead of marking issues resolved, when you're acknowledging an issue, you should just post on your sign up page, "Before signing up please be aware that FireStick will log you off 5 times a day in the middle of programs and you'll need to keep logging back in. Not to worry we've been wokring on this for 3 weeks, we're bound to have a solution soon." !!!!

theroys88

Guru

• 

513 Messages

4 years ago

Nice!  Tonight we were actually able to watch Now up to 2130 then the buffering started.  That on 5ghz with 150Mbps up and down and a speed test with my wifes Macpro giving me 142Mbps down in the same room. Back to Vue to finish the evening. It is getting better but for how long. Which update in the future will bring more problems and how long do we continue accept failure.  Times a ticking.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

In the last month my Samsung phone and my 6th gen kindle keep throwing me out of the app as soon as it finishes the first commercial. I get a message stating that Direct TV stopped working. Everything worked fine in November.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This does not work. I did this thinking it was fixed and then started asking for password again. How about giving us a real fix.
theroys88

Guru

• 

513 Messages

4 years ago

Still happening on both my Firetv devices. Also buffering is still present but later in the evening. Last month it would start after 1700 but now it begins around 2130. I have my wife watch Now till then and switch to PS Vue to continue watching her shows.  It is a shame because I really like the UI and even though the bitrates are lower then Vue, to my naked eye the PQ just looks better.  I almost feel the intro price was a strategy to keep folks subsribed to this service as long as possible. I think they knew the service was not ready to push out but used the intro price as a tool to keep folks like us hanging around as long as possible.  

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

I continuously get logged out of DirecTV NOW on my Amazon FireTV (gen 1) and FireTV Stick (gen 1). Playback is fine for 2 hours or so, then the screen goes blank and I have to put my password in again. This has been happening for over a week. DTVNow on Apple TV, iPad Pro, and iPhone run fine (they run better than ever actually). Is this a known bug, and if so, when will it be fixed? I have 

• Cleared cache
  • Cleared data
  • Reinstalled the app

None of these help.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I do not know if they are rolling out a fix by region or not, but I am no longer having the login issue that I was having all the time.  I watched DirecTV now yesterday all day and was not prompted one time to type in my password.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been having this issue for several weeks now and still no respite! It is a real pain!

Get started...

Ask a new question