Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 7, 2017 7:45 PM

App keeps signing me off while watching

I keep getting signed out while watching directvnow and have to renter my password. Is there a fix for this?

Responses

vnzjunk

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Constant mid show being kicked and asked to relog in

I am using a Firestick ver2 to stream my DirectvNow account. I am partially pleased with the service but continue to have pesky issues.

Almost everytime that I watch the stream I am kicked out mid show and must re enter login credentials (email is already entered for me) asking me for my password again. Generally once done I can return to the guide and click on the channel I was watching. It is a real pain.

When directvnow works it works great but I feel there is still work to be done and I know that it is a young service so am hopeful.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

@ATTTVNOWHelp Marking this as solved would be completely wrong.  I've cleared data, cache, rebooted etc on two seperate FireTV Sticks and still have the log out issue.  When is the next update coming that will (hopefully) fix this?  I don't think any of us want to continue to be your beta testers...

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This isnt a resolution, I tried this earlier and issue still exists, it seems to happen about every 2 hours.  The screen goes black you hit a button on the Fire Tv remote to go to guide and select something else and it says you arent subscribed.  The errors on the Directv Now application are written in a way that makes me think the programmers were working out of someones basement.  Please fix this as it is annoying to have to keep signing in every 2 hours.  If this is their way of asking if someone is still watching then have a box that pops up that you have to respond to, font log the person out.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This isnt a resolution, I tried this earlier and issue still exists, it seems to happen about every 2 hours.  The screen goes black you hit a button on the Fire Tv remote to go to guide and select something else and it says you arent subscribed.  The errors on the Directv Now application are written in a way that makes me think the programmers were working out of someones basement.  Please fix this as it is annoying to have to keep signing in every 2 hours.  If this is their way of asking if someone is still watching then have a box that pops up that you have to respond to, font log the person out.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This issue has absolutley nothing to do with DHCP lease time, I have the issue and DHCP is turned off on my router, all my devices have static IPs

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I have two devices a Firestick an Apple tv.Neither one will do anything.Same story,lockup,error codes,nothing.I have tried all the suggestions an still cant get anything.Net is fine as EVERYTHING else works great.Both devices worked fine until the Friday flop.I am trying too be patient but seems like we the customer are forgotten.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

3 years ago

There still is an issue.

I have cleared all data

I have cleared the cache

I have rebooted

I re-entered all of my information

Still get booted out at random times.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I want to know why does this service have trouble during prime time streaming shows on the making this service fire tv and fire stick but doesnt seem to have the same problem when i watching on my pc. All day it seems to work fine but as soon as prime time begins i cant seem to watch anything i want to watch making this service not worth the price i am paying for it .Can you please fix this issue please?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This not the solution. The issue continues to happen. Your product manager should think about rolling back at this point. This app is a disgrace, and I have worked with video streaming apps for 9 years. State issues, authentication issues, poor stream quality, and you'ready taking away the $35 per month Big package. All your current users deserve a free year for doing all your QA. Maybe it's time to try extreme programming with people that actually understand video.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

3 years ago

I must admit the frequency of getting signed off has reduced but it still does happen.

ATTTVNOWHelp

Community Support

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hi all,

Our team reported this and our network teams are working on a fix. We do not have a time-frame but assure you it is being worked on.. 

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Glad it is being worked on, but it has been two weeks since this issue cropped up.  Considering how intrusive the issue is, seems like fixing it would be your #1 priority.  

I've tried all of the previously discussed things (clearing data, clearing the cache, reinstalling the app, resetting my First Stick, changing my password) and nothing has helped.  I know new products are going to have their hiccups but this is not acceptable.  I signed up for Sling TV and they certainly had issues in the first few months.  But they were much, much faster in fixing them.  Nothing took more than a couple of days.  

I want your service to work.  When it does, it is a very good deal.  But time is running short before you drive many of your customers away for good.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Have you guys ever considered offering refunds or extended service to all of the people you are inconveniencing?
I fear that by the time you get this working, all of the eary adopters will have dropped out. deal or no deal.
Or is that why this is happening?  Did too many people sign up and and you are losing your a**es over there and you are trying to  force out the people you offered a good deal?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Over the past week or so, on my Fire TV Sticks and Boxes I am constantly getting kicked off to the password input screen. The buffering or error screens seem to happen alot less but this is becoming the new problem and its getting rather old.

Any fixes for this?

gottahavit

Scholar

• 

126 Messages

3 years ago

two responses marked as solutions and yet we're still having the issue.  time to go back to customer service training 101.