Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Dec 12, 2017 9:51 PM

Animal Planet Go

I subscribe to DirecTV Now, and received an email from them stating that the Animal Planet Go and Science Channel Go programs would now run on my Roku player.  However, DirecTV Now is NOT listed on the carriers list when activating those channels - only regular DirecTV is.  Why was the email sent if I can't get the channels?

Responses

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

3 years ago

When did you get that email? they are not listed on their official list of networks here

Sometimes they also do not update the list. I also do not see them listed as a provider and have not received anything about them providing access.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I apologize - the email was sent from Discovery Networks not DirecTV Now as I had first thought. It does tell me that both Animal Planet Go and Science Channel Go will now work with DirecTV Now.
bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

3 years ago

They may be getting ready to release it. We will just have to wait and see.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for the quick and helpful information!

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

971 Messages

3 years ago

Select directv and use your directv now login. I just tried it on both apps and it worked. I am not subscribed to directv sat services only directv now. 

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9K Messages

3 years ago

Not there yet on iOS or web.  The email should have also made mention of Discovery Go, TLC Go, Investigation Discovery Go, and a number of others (unless Discovery, unlike everyone else, would be unbundling their individual apps).  It would be great if this is actually happening and not an error - people have been waiting on the Discovery Networks apps for a long time.

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

971 Messages

3 years ago

I have logged in on my iOS device, Apple TV and fire tv. Don’t bother looking for directv now to login just click on the directv and use your email and password for directv now and it will log you in. If your device asks you if you would like to use your tv provider then select no and select on directv. 

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9K Messages

3 years ago

This did not work for me on either iOS or Chrome.  In both cases, using DirecTV as provider and my DirecTV Now credentials was rejected as "You entered an incorrect email or password."  It so happens that I had an old DirecTV login that appears to still be in their system (it dates back to when I was going to get DirecTV installed, which never happened).  That login uses the same email address, but a different password and Sci Go certainly lets me login against the DTV provider with those credentials (and then correctly tells me when I try to watch anything that I'm not subscribed for that).  I have a hard time believing that DTV as provider with DTVN credentials could work - they use completely separate authentication systems, so the DTV system should have no access to your DTVN credentials.  Are you sure that you also don't have an old DTV login that perhaps used the same email and password?  Does it actually let you watch "locked" episodes?

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

971 Messages

3 years ago

Yes. I just clicked on a few shows and it let me watch them. I also logged into Starz app using my directv now credentials on directv and it let me watch Star Wars and counterpart. I also had a old email with directv sat service but it was different from the one I use with directv now and I cleared the old email and used my dtvn login and it accepted it. I logged into my iOS devices, Apple TV and fire tv and they all worked. I am on the go big plan and am subscribed to Starz, and showtime. 

lydian

Professor

• 

3K Messages

3 years ago

Doesn't work for me either on any platform. DirecTV NOW logins don't work on DirecTV authentication page. Makes no sense that they would. You must have a DirecTV account.

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

971 Messages

3 years ago

I haven’t had a DirecTV account in over a year. I guess it’s one of those hit or miss situations. I know it happened one time before with another channel and after a few weeks it stopped. So far they’re still working for me on all my devices (iPad, Apple TV, fire tv and roku). 

Get started...

Ask a new question