Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Oct 28, 2020 7:44 PM

After updating att tv app HDMI adaptor wont work, DVR section gone and shows wont load

after I updated the ATT TV app half of the shows wont load, the HDMI adapter that i HAVE to use to stream movies from my phone to my flatscreen wont work anymore, and the DVR section where i can record movies is completely gone! I had non of these problems prior to the recent update and if this isn’t fixed soon i have no choice other than get better service for the money that im paying!

Responses

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

a month ago

Like anyone here can resolve your issue. Have you contacted support?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13K Messages

a month ago

A little more detailed information would be helpful. What HDMI adapter and how do you connect it to your phone?

It could be that the updated app does not allow you to stream from your phone to an external device (tv) anymore. It's not unusual for an update to remove that feature. A lot of services don't want you to stream from your phone to your tv and would rather have you use something like an AppleTV, Roku, Chromcast, etc.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9K Messages

a month ago

Which device was this on?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Its the apple HDMI adaptor, it allows the user to mirror the screen to a flatscreen tv.   About a year ago att tv now updated their app and it unintentionally broke that use but then they fixed it to where users cld use the adapter. I wish I wldnt have updated the app bc of it

Get started...

Ask a new question