Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Feb 16, 2018 6:17 AM

Closed

Voice

Who is the voice of your new ad?

"Your Thing Ad"

February 12, 2018 Ad

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Well i don't know who lena is but think she should of had no problem of telling her fans of it's her ..bit that just me I was searching for it because it sounds like Ta Rhoda Jones from empire.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I think it's 

MC LYTE African American Rapper and host of BET Awards shows

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

2 years ago

The commercials started running 6 months ago and it was confirmed that it's Lena Waithe and yet people still want to dispute the facts.   *smdh*

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Sounds like rapper MC Lyte to me...

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

This was researched and resolved many months ago. Lena Waithe is the voice-over artist. She personally confirmed it through her social media accounts.
Read through the myriad of comments in the thread.

davidbk

Administrator

• 

372 Messages

2 years ago

While @QuinnsMom is absolutely correct, Lena Waithe has been confirmed as the voice-over artist ... any reference to MC Lyte makes me happy. 🙂

Dave

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

2 years ago

Buy them books...teach them to read...and all they can do is eat the covers off.  *smdh*

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I think it's Serena Williams?  She has a history with AT&T as well.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I'm going with Kym Whitley

JaeDee

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

a year ago

Seriously people. *facepalm*

This has been resolved ages ago. Many people have already confirmed that it's Lena Waithe who did the voice-over for the AT&T commercial. It has already been marked as a solved question. Smiley Indifferent

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

a year ago

Can we shut this thread down permanently? So many comments well after the fact, almost to the point of ad nauseum!! Many late posters do not even bother to read all of the previous replies in this discussion. Can we stop beating this dead horse?

Help!!

Thanks,
Valerie [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.4K Messages

a year ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject. The topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question