HBOMAX App – Buffering & Streaming Solutions
HBOMAX app not working?
- Using the right sign-on
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Make sure you have the latest update for your device
- iPhone and iPad - delete the app from cloud storage
- Make sure your time settings are set to auto on your device.
Unable to install the app
Make sure you have enough storage on your device. You may need to delete files to install it.
Make sure you have a supported device and OS.
Problems with the stream
Buffering & Quality
You need at least an internet plan of 5Mbps for one stream. For 3 streams, the minimum recommendation is 24Mbps. If you have a large household that takes advantage of other streaming services, make sure your plan will support them or you may see buffering and quality issues.
8Mbps X number devices = required estimated bandwidth
Heads Up: If you have other streaming services, some streams require between 5 to 15Mbps for HD quality.
You can watch 3 streams concurrently. This means only 3 people can watch HBOMAX at one time. You may receive an error that too many streams are in use.
Learn how to create Profiles & Parental Controls
- Set up a profile
- Learn about Parental controls
HBOMAX Information & Help
- Have a promo code? Set it up now
- Don't remember your ID? Find it now
- Have AT&T Internet 1Gig? You get HBO
- Have AT&T Unlimited Elite? You also get HBO
- Does your AT&T plan get HBO? Check now
- Learn about HBOMAX
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist