Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!
S

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jun 9, 2021 12:16 AM

Window sensor tamper alert

Received a notification that a window sensor had been tampered with.  One of my dogs had knocked the sensor off the window.  I replaced the battery and then replaced the sensor back on window.  Got notification in the app that the sensor had been restored.  But my control panel still shows that the window is open...its not.  

How do I fix the display?  Does the system have to be updated somehow?

Responses

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

2 m ago

@SbHr6148

If the contact sensor is displaying restored in your app, then it will update in the system and should no longer be displayed as open on your keypad. The keypad does take a little longer than the app to update the status.

Please open and close the door a couple of times to make sure the magnet is close enough to the sensor and your app displays the door is open or closed. Your keypad should also display the same.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue.

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

It has been more than 12 hours and the keypad display has not changed and still shows the window as open. The app still shows the case as restored but when I check the individual device it also shows the window as open in the app. 

I have opened and closed the window several times and the open status does not change. Is the sensor bad? And how do I get a replacement?

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

2 m ago

@SbHr6148 

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear that both your keypad and app are not recognizing your contact sensor status.

1. Please make sure the distance between your contact sensor and the small magnet is no more than 1/2 “ apart.
  2. Also, please make sure the little notches on both your contact sensor and your magnet are aligned with each other.

If this does not resolve your issue, contact our customer support team at 1-855-288-2727 and press option 4. They can assist you further if the two steps I mentioned above do not work.

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.