Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
U

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jun 28, 2020 4:15 PM

Long delay in receiving push notifications

Ever since the service changed from SMS notifications to push notifications, there have been long delays (sometimes longer than two hours) before I get notified of the activation.  The notifications used to be instant, but these delays are making me consider changing services, as the notifications are completely useless that long after the fact.

Responses

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

1 y ago

Hello. My apologies for the issue that you are having. Would you tell me the type of phone that you are using? Which Android/iOS version the phone has and do you have a recent example that you could provide a screen shot for?

Thank you.

• 

2 Messages

Hello,

I'm using an LG G6 (AT&T issued), running Android version 9.  Screenshot of the app is attached.  I have a program to alert me whenever the front door is opened or when there is motion detected on front camera.  I didn't receive the 6:47 notification until 7:30.  Some days, I don't get notified for two hours after the event. 

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

Hello,

I was able to locate your DL account based off of the email address that you used for the forum. In reviewing the notifications, the server is pushing them to you immediately and there is no lapse in deploying them from Digital Life. We have heard of some issues with settings on Android (all push messages route thru the Google servers for Android), I'd suggest you investigate some of the options online for issues with Android push notifications being delayed online. Ensuring power savings features are disabled (as these sometimes will delay notifications) and ensure in the Digital Life App settings (within the Android settings, not in the DL app) are set to enable background data usage. One of these is causing the delay issues with you receiving the push notifications. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.