Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!
C

• 

9 Messages

Tue, Nov 24, 2020 3:54 PM

keypad change

How can I set the sound and lighting on my keypad in the master bedroom?

I have gone on line to adjust the bedroom key pad but it's not doing what I have changed in the ap. How can I make the change?

Responses

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

8 m ago

@cfkimsey  Hello. In the Digital Life app under devices, you would tap on keypad and then "edit device settings"  the volume and backlight settings are listed there. If you have already adjusted there , could you let me know what it is not doing?

• 

9 Messages

8 m ago

Thanks you for your response. I went to the devices and changed the settings but couldn't get it to work. I called Digital Life and the person i spoke with insisted it is not available (over and over). I asked for a technician that could help on the phone his response was he could schedule a technician to come by for $99 and refused to connect me to someone else. I'll try again on the ap.. wish me luck. (Frustrating)

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

8 m ago

@cfkimsey  Hello again. My apologies for that experience as that is not what we want for our customers. Would you please tell me what you are wanting to do regarding the lighting and the sound that is not working? I am not sure if you are wanting to increase or decrease...  I was able to locate your account based off of the email address that you used for the forum and I would  be happy to have one of our technical folks take a look on the back end for you.

Thank you

• 

9 Messages

8 m ago

I want to decrease all sound and lighting to the master bedroom key pad. Particularly the light which shines so bright at night. I had it changed and for some reason it went back to original setting.  When I have tried to sign in to the Digital life website now it is not allowing me in. It says lost connection and to retry it does the same thing. Thank you for your help.

• 

9 Messages

8 m ago

Thank you for trying to correct my problem.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

8 m ago

@cfkimsey  Okay, please give me a few minutes to have this worked on for you and I will circle back once i have an update. As for the website, please clear your cache/cookies/history and then go and log back in.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

8 m ago

@cfkimsey  Hey there. One of our technical folks is currently pushing a software update to your system. It is going to take a bit... I will circle back once completed.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

8 m ago

@cfkimsey  Hi again. Would you please log in and try adjusting them again? Let me know if that worked or still an issue please. Thank you

• 

9 Messages

8 m ago

I tried both on my computer. It didn't work. I closed the ap on the computer and opened the ap on my Iphone. I made changes saved. Then changed again to the level I wanted and it still has not made the change on the keypad.

Help. I'm at such a loss. I'm recovery from major surgery and would love to have this fixed so I can sleep without the bright light in my bedroom.  Thank you for anything you can do.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

8 m ago

@cfkimsey  Okay can you go look at your keypad in your bedroom and see if the lighting and sound are adjusted low enough for you? It was dialed down by 50%.. or do you want it lower? I had someone change it on the back end.

(edited)

• 

9 Messages

8 m ago

It did change on the keypad in the hallway not the bedroom. I had tried to change both keypads to no light but now it's only on the hallway keypad. Is there another device setting for the bedroom that's not on the screen? I do want a light on the hallway key pad. Do we need to get a technician out if they can't fix it remotely?

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

8 m ago

@cfkimsey  Ok , I can have this done remotely, but I want to ensure that we do this how you would like it. The bedroom keypad, you want no light at all  on it correct? Do you want it to have sound?

The hallway keypad , I will have him adjust it back.. sounds like he adjusted the wrong keypad. You want this one to be the normal settings correct? This may take until the morning to complete for you as he is gone for the day, but I have messaged him and we can do this remotely. Please do not attempt to adjust in the app as I only want to have one person controlling the lights and sounds at the moment, don't want to chance you both doing the same thing at the same time.

• 

9 Messages

8 m ago

I don't need sound or light except the green/red light when activated in the bedroom.

The one in the hallway can go back to normal settings.

Thank you so much.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

8 m ago

@cfkimsey  Hello. I believe we have this all set for you. Could you please check your keypads? The bedroom one has been brought down to the lowest setting there is and the hallway has been put back to normal settings.

• 

9 Messages

8 m ago

Oh my! It's fixed!!  Thank you so much for helping with this. ( I think this may be a training opportunity since the person I called insisted that was not an option.)

Again, I really appreciate your follow up to get this resolved.

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.