Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
G

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Dec 19, 2020 3:26 AM

Keypad: AC Power Loss

The alarm keypad display reads, "Ready to Arm" and below it blinks, "Keypad: AC Power Loss".  I replaced all four original AA batteries with brand new NiMH rechargeable batteries, cleaned the four terminals on the keypad unit and the four slider connectors on the cradle, re-seated the keypad unit onto the cradle, trimmed off the wiring on both ends of the power cable (stapled to the wall) and reconnected the freshly exposed wires to the cradle and the AC Adapter (named Asian Power Devices originally installed by the A&T technician), and checked that power outlet has power.

After all this, the display still blinks, "Keypad:  AC Power Loss".  Could it possibly be an AC adapter failure, broken wires in cable, or is there another explanation?

Responses

Brand User
ATTDigitalLifeCS

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

6 m ago

@GlenTao_196

Thank you for your very detailed explanation of the issue you’re having and the troubleshooting steps you’ve already taken. If you have confirmed power at the outlet then the AC power loss is most likely due to broken wires or within the cradle, which is rare. I would recommend you contact customer service at 1-855-288-2727 (option 4) to schedule a technician appointment.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

Will do, thank you!!

Get started...

Ask a new question