Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!
A

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jun 3, 2021 2:50 AM

Back door sensor takes lithium 123a not 2032?

Went through solution center to receive type of battery to replace on back door. I purchased the lithium 2032 but when I took off the cover a 123a was there. Do I have an old no longer used sensor?

Responses

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

2 m ago

@arieathome1 

@arieathome1 

Good morning,

It sounds like your door contact sensor is the recessed model which is different from the small flat door and window contact sensor. If you have the recessed model, it is a tubular design and does use the 123a battery. The recessed sensor is still being used and is an extremely good sensor because it is hidden from prying eyes.

I apologize if you were given the incorrect battery information.

We are here to assist you if you have any other questions.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

2 m ago

@Betty5226

Good morning,

Thanks for your feedback. The original post was regarding a recessed contact sensor which is different from the small flat contact sensors which are placed on the door or window. The small flat sensors do use the 2032 batteries which look like a nickel.

The recessed sensor is actually placed inside the structure and uses a CR123a battery which looks like a shorter and wider AA battery.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. :-)

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

1 m ago

Yes Betty, thank you! You’ve described what I see perfectly. I haven’t been able to come back to this issue sooner due a serious family illness. 

However, picking up from here I replaced the battery and it still doesn’t work and I’m stuck in the Solution Center because it’s apples and oranges we’re working with here. How do I go about getting a replacement for the back door and window sensors that are not being addressed by the Solution Center? Can I request replacements to install myself at no cost or does a technician need to visit? 

I believe when I transferred from ADT to AT&T the old ADT devices were used since they were working and apparently worked with the AT&T security system at the time. I think I’ve had this system for about 7 yrs now. Please get back to me when you can. Thanks

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

1 m ago

@arieathome1 

Good morning,

Please give us a call at 1-855-288-2727 and press option 4. A support agent will be able to troubleshoot the contact sensor and assist you in resolving the issue.

Thank you.

• 

3 Messages

1 m ago

So when AT&T installed the door sensor the old ADT one wasn’t removed. While on the phone with support I recalled my door was damaged and replaced around this time last year. The tech is saying the sensor is no longer on the door. The problem I have with this is that we were hearing the door sensor up until a couple of months when I began trying to replace the battery. 

This doesn’t make sense to me but since adding a new sensor at $35 will fix the problem, I will have to settle for this explanation. I hope it works out.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.4K Messages

1 m ago

@arieathome1 

Thank you for getting in touch with our support team. Have a wonderful weekend.

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.