Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
H
Henseleit
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

• 

18 Messages

Wed, Jul 22, 2020 7:08 PM

Alarm triggered at 3 am

reposting this as my original question seems to have disappeared from the forum

Set the alarm using Instant as usual last night and at 3 am it went off for about 5 - 10 seconds. I looked at my App and it seems that the motion sensor went off as it presented me with an option to, in the future, trigger the front door camera when motion detector goes off. I have cats so I thought they set it off but yet, log shows it was armed with Instant.

How can the alarm trigger by motion sensor when not using the Away arming option?  

Responses

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

1 y ago

Hello. I was able to locate your account information based off of a previous post that we shared. I had one of our technical folks take a look at your account and it's not showing that the alarm triggered last night. Am only showing it on the day you had it installed which would be from the testing and one that night.

The option that the app presented was most likely the program suggestion to have your cameras start recording when they sense motion, those will not trigger the alarm.

If you armed your home with instant, then a door opening or motion sensor can trigger the alarm.  "Stay" capacity would not trigger the motion inside the home.

(edited)

Henseleit

• 

18 Messages

1 y ago

Thanks for the comments! I wasn't aware that Instant armed the interior motion sensor as we have been using that and i have walked by it numerous times before disarming. Perhaps i did it quick enough to prevent the alarm without realizing it.

As far as the alarm going off, we definitely had an alarm happen last night as several of us heard it in different parts of the house. I am concerned that the log does not record it as that means it wasn't an alarm but a different indicator? 

Community Support

• 

6.5K Messages

1 y ago

Have you checked your events in the app to see what it says happened ? When you log into the app you should be able to see all of the events listed 

Henseleit

• 

18 Messages

1 y ago

I have looked at the log and no even is listed around 3 am other then me turning off the system right after. If it wasn't for my son waking up as well, I am starting to wonder if I imagined it. But it did go off.

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.