Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
GinaGD

Former Employee

• 

12 Messages

Mon, Jul 13, 2015 6:25 PM

Which streaming music service is the best?

recommendations? Thanks, Gina

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

cephalox

Employee

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

My recommendations are Spotify and Google Play Music.

Spotify is the service I currently subscribe to, mostly just because I've had it for a long time now and as such, have a number of playlists. Unfortunately they don't support exporting playlists elsewhere. Spotify is also integrated with the PS4 now, so I use that a lot. What's also nifty about Spotify is that you can control it from any device where you're logged in, so I can have music playing via my PS4 and pick my next track or browse via my phone. I can't speak for its 40's / 50's selection, but you don't need a subscription for Spotify. You can check it out for free if you don't mind an occasional ad.

Google Play Music is the service I would be subscribed to if it wasn't for Spotify. Best features include being able to upload your entire music library so you can access it from any device just by signing into your Google account, complimenting the large streaming library. My favorite feature though is YouTube Music Key which is included with Play Music. This allows you to save YouTube videos for offline music, but more importantly, allows YouTube to continue playing while the screen is locked or you are in another app. I listen to a lot of remixes and live performances, so I have to set my phone to never lock when it's charging so I can listen to YouTube videos while I work.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

6 years ago

My son got me started on Spotify. It works like Pandora, but allows you to save music for playing off line.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GinaGD

Former Employee

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

The ability to have off line play sounds good.

I like to listen to older music -- 1940's and 1950's. Does Spotify have a comprehensive catalog?
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

6 years ago

I haven't looked for music that old. All I can say is current, back to 70's is very good. Haven't had a problem locating a song yet.
It is free to try, so no loss of you don't care for it.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GinaGD

Former Employee

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks, I will look into it. I am also exploring iHeart Radio because it syncs with my Amazon Echo.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Among all of the best streaming music services, I vote Apple Music and Spotify especially Spotify provides the user with the Free mode.

Get started...

Ask a new question