Help for your devices & games
jshoyt's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Nov 19, 2014 5:33 PM

Is AT&t cancelling Ringback Tones Service?

I received a text telling me my subscription to Ringback Tones would be cancelled soon. Any idea why they would cancel this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTDelia

Employee

• 

581 Messages

8年前

Hi all -  (@Jshoyt, @MyKullMyerz, @KevinHawk, @HeidiO @StormieP and @MelissaKay1996 )

You are correct the ringback tones will no longer be supported as of 12/19/2014.

AT&T Ringback Tones service will expire on 12/19/14. New Ringback Tones cannot be purchased after 11/20/14. We’ll remove the monthly subscription from your bill.

For details on billing and more, please click here.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8年前

I also just received a text informing me of this change. I would also like to know what brought this about and if there are any alternatives because I agreatly enjoy my ringback tones. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8年前

I've heard because it is incompatible w/ VOLTE/HD-voice service. Probably will repackage the service and re-release it later.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8年前

Not happy about the text I just got about my fabulous ring tones expiring.    Any ideas on how to keep this on my iphone?   I have only had luck with a few aps (yep, in my mid 40's and learning new tricks and all is tough).   I would really love for AT&T to keep the ring backs but since they have decided not to I need help to keep my ringback going.   Need suggestions...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8年前

I got the same text.   I would like to know the best ap for this since AT&T is dropping this WONDERFUL service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8年前

I have had the same tone for years and when people call me they know it is in fact me that they called. So when I got a text saying ringback tones were being discontinued I was kind of stunned. Anyone know why they are doing this? Are they going to bring them back?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8年前

Can anyone tell me why att is no longer doing the ring back tones any longer? Are they going to offer something different to replace them?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8年前

I have purchased ringtones and see where i have purchased on att.com/db...but cant find for the life of me on my phone. LG3 Vigor..

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8年前

How do you add ringback tones to Galaxy 5

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8年前

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my ringback tones!!!  Please bring it back!!!  I'm one of the small population ATT customers who doesn't own an iPhone and I hate the thought of losing my ringback tones to some future app I won't be able to download.  My Dad is 77 years old and always comments on my songs when he calls.  It adds SUCH uniqueness to otherwise boring, generic ringing- in my case, awesome country music to listen to while they wait for me to pick up. My family, friends and I LOVE ringback tones... don't go away or we'll find a provider who offers them and switch eventually!!   (not kidding).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8年前

Well, DUH, we already know AT&T is discontinuing ringtones.  We want to know WHY!?

And, will they please consider bringing it back!?  

Not only is it a feature MANY of us use and enjoy, I have found that it curbs SPAM callers and the such by at least 90%!  When someone I don't know calls my cell and hears the Ringback Tone, they usually hang up!  AT&T cannot offer that service any other way!

Bad move, AT&T, bad move. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8年前

Both myself and my fiance used AT&T ring back tones...why did AT&T discontinue this?  One person told me it was because it wasn't very popular, but EVERYONE I know who has an AT&T phone used the ring back tones.  Please bring them back.  I am 63 and learning to use apps is difficult for me - my fiance has to show me.  WE WANT OUR RING BACK TONES BACK!!!!!

wrusprod

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

8年前

Great. ATT continues to give me reasons to go with another carrier

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7年前

I have the S5 what do I do know to get ringback tones back of music? I search Google Play store there nothing but ring tones not ringback. Please help me with suggestions thank you. GO BUCKS!
JasonAsher

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

7年前

Unfortunately, there is no way to save or reinstate the ringback tones after AT&T shut them down, as they were hosted server side; they did/do not reside on your device, so you cannot add them back.
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.