Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
mlmcdowell's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Mar 15, 2016 2:28 PM

Family Map Locator

Since a family member is notified when they are locatable, do they have an option or a way to block their device from being located and still continue to talk and text from it?

Responses

ATTMobilityCare

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @mlmcdowell,

Thanks for posting! I am glad to discuss this with you.
In some instances, if a device’s Location Services/GPS or Wi-Fi is disabled, FamilyMap may not be able to provide a location. A device will still be able to call and text with these services disabled.
On both Androids and iPhones, these settings can be altered under Settings > Privacy.
Please let us know if you have any further questions, and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,
JP, AT&T Social Media Manager

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Get started...

Ask a new question