Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
A

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jan 30, 2020 3:01 AM

Call of duty

I have at&t internet with a 215gb limit a month. It costs $10 for an extra 50gb after I go over that. We recently switched our cell phones to an at&t unlimited plan from verizon. Since we've changed I haven't been able to play call of duty mobile using data instead of wifi. What's happening here? Am I going to have to pay extra on our internet bill every month just to play a game? I tested both of them and the mobile data test had way higher numbers than the wifi. Why can't I play this game using data instead of wifi? I've tried to play multiple places and it never works using data. (Edited per community guidelines)?

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

10 months ago

Because cellular data is not like ISP data when it comes to stuff. ATT uses a strict carrier grade NAT which sometimes makes gaming on some systems not work

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

That's annoying lol

• 

1 Message

So that's it? We just cant game on our phones?

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Same is happening to me, the AT&T mobile network is very hard to recommend.

Get started...

Ask a new question