Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 10:52 PM

att ringback tone app

I loved the ringback tone feature and was so upset they cancelled it all my callers loved the music whichannels I had over fifty and had to download them every six months which I thought was terrible. It's like buying a pair of shoes n going back 2 the store every six months to pay for thme again and again, but I did it because I loved entertaining my callers and loved to hear what song I would put on from day to day. I hope they come back with the ring back tones only better once there nought should should keep them forever. Tried different apps but non worked. Only the att ringback tones worked I n my callers don't like calling anymore they hate hearing the ring in till I pick up the call or wait even longer till my voice mall comes on att please bring the ringback tones back but when bought keep it foreverse even if you Raise the money fee from .99 cents to 1.99 I will be willing to pay that 2 have the app back again anyone feel the same????

Responses

ATTMobilityCare

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello! @joanne3325 thanks for posting your concerns about the ringback tones.

At this time we do not have plans to bring back the ringback tones feature. As an alternative there is an app called YouMail  which  will allow you to record  voicemail greetings specifically for the caller, and people do use that app to record personal voicemail greetings with music. This is a 3rd party app and is not supported by AT&T.

If this helps, please mark this answer as an accepted solution!

Thanks,

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hey @joanne3325

I’m sorry to say that at this time, there are no plans to bring back to the Ringback Tone service. We understand that a number of customers really did love this service and it’s a shame that its gone. At this time, there is not a similar service which would provide the same kind of tones offered by AT&T Ringback Tones.

If this helps, please mark this answer as an accepted solution!

Thanks,

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello,

YouMail does not currently offer ringback tones. We do offer voicemail services as an alternative to your carrier voicemail. You can customize your greetings, use the YouMail greetings, or even have our voice talent record your greeting! With YouMail, you can also access all your voicemails through our YouMail app, online, or call to retrieve messages. For more about our app and services, visit our website at www.YouMail.com.

The YouMail Team

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Please bring back ring back tones. I had one for all my favorite people and a special one for each of my kids..I also had one for during the day and one for night. I hate hearing a phone ring, so why would I make everyone who calls me listen to it? Now I do not have a choice about and I think that's wrong. It was a service that you ( AT&T) charged a monthly fee for, plus charged for each ring back we purchased, so why not continue it or at least let ring back tones from another vendor be able to be used. I don't think that it is fair that AT&T can just isolate our choices like this. Just my opinion.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

As always ATT charges the most and continues to take options away!!!! Makes me want to switch my entire house to another carrier after 30 yrs!!! Pretty sad!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I think at&t should bring back that ringback tone app im sure alot of your customers would love to have that option instead of hearing a ringtone. Verizon has it and its cool. Bring it back at&t im sure it make alot of customers happy and not think twice of moving carriers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Just one more reason that I hate we switched from Verizon to AT&T. Will definitely be switching back as soon as this crappy contract is over.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

2 years ago

@loriered wrote:

Just one more reason that I hate we switched from Verizon to AT&T. Will definitely be switching back as soon as this crappy contract is over.

Ringback tones are not supported on new phones or current service from any carrier, including Verizon.

It’s incompatible with VoLTE service which allows for clear calls over LTE, Wifi calling, and accessing internet while on a call.  

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1599338#1599338

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

For businesses community , it is a terrible decision to cancel ringback tones. A business needs music in the background while customers are either on hold, or when the number is being called. 

Very bad decision!!!!!!!  There is a sharp difference from your consumer customers.  And business clients. 

I bought a business line with you all, and im highly disappointed that i can provide quality to my customers 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

For the business community,  

I have to say that At@t was a big disappointment. My company Phoenix Merchant Capital System LLC purchased a business line from you all.

And i hoped that i could have a ringback tone for my customers. But you all dont have the qualified material i need to run a efficient operation. 

Why would you all discontinue the ringback for our customers?

Very bad decision!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone of At&t subscribers are not house hold consumers. You have business clients as well.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

2 years ago

@PhoenixCapital3 wrote:

For the business community,  

I have to say that At@t was a big disappointment. My company Phoenix Merchant Capital System LLC purchased a business line from you all.

And i hoped that i could have a ringback tone for my customers. But you all dont have the qualified material i need to run a efficient operation. 

Why would you all discontinue the ringback for our customers?

Very bad decision!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone of At&t subscribers are not house hold consumers. You have business clients as well.

This is not just At&t.  

Ringback tones are not compatible with VoLTE connections, which all current phones use.  This means no current LTE phones, on any carrier are compatible with ringback tones.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

You not talking to a fool, just like At@t is a business.  I own a private equity business that signed over $30 million in contracts last year for my own company. 

All you have to do is go to your server, or go to your IT guy to enable the ringback tone. Verizon had it as an Advanced Feature.  

So much for your customer service  !!!!!!

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

2 years ago

@PhoenixCapital3 wrote:

You not talking to a fool, just like At@t is a business.  I own a private equity business that signed over $30 million in contracts last year for my own company. 

Thats fabulous.   But you are apparently not aware of changes in cellular technology.  

All you have to do is go to your server, or go to your IT guy to enable the ringback tone. Verizon had it as an Advanced Feature.  

Had you read the thread, and the link, ring back tones are not compatible with HD voice, also known as VoLTE.   

So much for your customer service  !!!!!!

I am NOT customer service.  Im a customer of both AT&T and Verizon. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Im a customer of both Verizon and At@t as well.

But whatever software engineering class you took, i would recommend a refund !!!!!!

You clearly dont know how develop software 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

AT&T could make ALOT of $$$$ by bringing back RBT or “Answer Tones” as they are now called.  I’m changing carriers in October for many reasons.  If I have to revert back to an untraceable, unhackable flip phone, so be it but it m getting my RBT’s back, one way or another.

Get started...

Ask a new question