We recognize and honor military, veterans and their families. Get 25% off our best unlimited plans.
The best prices for our Military families
mforman's profile

• 

7 Messages

Monday, December 12th, 2022 11:08 PM

Military suspension or cancellation

Military member completed forms and phone was turned off.  Bill continued as if service was turned on.  Tried for 1.5 yrs to get bill corrected. I have called and called and told something different each call.  Many hours.  Told supervisors can't fix it and back office has the information but had not processed (1.5yrs) now being told Loyalty Dept has to fix it.  Oh wait now Loyalty dept says they can't do it and that someone on ATT unsuspended the phone.  So a new case has to be set up.  And now again only back office can address this.  Many many hours on the phone and no resolution.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

Trying to fix for a year and a half? I think you’ve been patient enough. It’s time to escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I have never been more frustrated and truly think ATT hires service techs that just talk in circles.  They have had an open ticket and have admitted they dropped the ball but it never gets fixed.  All the appropriate forms were completed and filled out. They suspended the phone but the monthly bill stayed the same.  Per the last call they said they turned the phone back on.  I have no clue why that was done but the request was not.  So ridiculous.  One tech said she could see every was in place but ATT just didn't do it correctly but she couldn't fix it. As they all do promised to have it corrected within a week but many weeks later not so.  Yesterday they said they had to open a new ticket.  

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Just tried again to get this resolved and ATT said they would give 3 months of credit but not the 18 months we have been trying to get.  Filing a formal complaint against ATT.  They treat our US military soldiers line dirt.  So angry 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

When you signed your terms of service you agreed to a maximum of 3 months billing errors. You say you suspended your service. That doesn’t stop billing it only renders your phone inoperable. There’s no such thing as a military suspension. You needed to cancel your account and AT&T will hold your number until you return and re establish service. 

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I am not using the correct terminology, it was canceled, not suspended.  I would accept the contract's fine print if this wasn't addressed right after the error in billing began.  We were given the run around for months and I've just reached my breaking point now. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

1 year ago

At&t cancels service with number held for 39 months when deployment orders are provided. 

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1046235/

If you provided orders for military cancelation, they were not processed. 

Had you posted another thread on here?   Because it's not the first snafu by that Dept. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

1 year ago

@mforman  I found an older post you posted a case number.  Did you get a response? 

Did you provide deployment orders from a branch of the US military?  

The comment above seems to indicate your orders were not correct.  However if the orders were not correct, it does not make sense why your service has been suspended for over a year rather than canceled with number held.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

1 year ago

@Constructive FYI, the new terms which went into affect December 1 allow for up to 180 days to notify of billing errors. 

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

The number was canceled and orders were provided.  So no phone service however continued to receive a bill with the normal charges.  We contacted Att multiple times, received multiple case numbers.  Each new service tech acted like it was a new situation on every call.  No one that absolutely promised to get back with us, even giving their name and employee number ever did.  No action at all.  Told a few times it was in the "back office" and nothing could be done until they processed the request.  I have spent many, many hours on hold and absolutely no resolution.  I have resent deployment orders because they acted like there hadn't been a request to cancel.  I ask them why the was the phone turned off if there had not been a request.  I also have the emails where the forms were sent in.  Still worthless customer service.  One tech did admit they could see all the documents and the dates of the initial request and didn't understand why ATT didn't do it.  She was going to contact her supervisor.  Nothing after that even though she promised to have it resolved that week.  Most calls the person on the line acted like they didn't understand the request.  And ask if we wanted the line to be turned back on, which means they knew it had been canceled.  Most infuriating customer service I have ever dealt with.  Shame on ATT for treating our military personnel this way.  I have a call in to my Senator.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

I have a call in to my Senator.

Well that’s fine but did you ever file the FCC or BBB complaint as suggested 17 days ago? Continuing to call and get case numbers is obviously getting you nowhere. The FCC or BBB complaint will result in someone from ATT’s Office of the President contacting you. If they can’t or won’t resolve, no one will.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.