We recognize and honor military, veterans and their families. Get 25% off our best unlimited plans.
The best prices for our Military families
S

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 7th, 2020 8:30 PM

I have been trying for over 6 months to get the discount for military veterans

I have tried for over 6 months to get the discount for military veterans. I took my ID to store in Missoula,Mt where they took a copy of it and said it was all taken care of. After four months it still did not show up on my bill. I called ATnT and was told it was a one time thing. Then when I went to Alaska, I again stopped in an ATnT store and did the same thing thinking this time it was done right. Well that was in August and it still has not shown up. Is this some kinda scam or what? I've been with ATnT for over 25 years, I am very disappointed! I may even have to change my cell phone provider.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

Online it’s att.com/militarydiscount to self enroll. He store dropped the ball from the sounds of it. You simply bring a proof of military (DD214, military ID, etc) in to the nearest corporate AT&T store and they enroll it right there, takes 1-2 bills to show. In Montana, you might not have a “corproate” store nearby, check that where you went wasnt authorized dealer that did it incorrect (view nearest corproate store on att.com).

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Don't waste your time I've been with them for over 15years and am looking for options now.  They cannot give me a copy of my payment history as far back as June 2019.  And cannot tell me why I show something on my credit history from them.  After over an hour of time wasted and asked 6 times if I was calling to pay my bill.  No one was able to help me.  Finally someone was for $5.00 per billing cycle.  Not even a free email.  Printing fee.   WOW.  T-Mobile looking good right about now.  And I have 4 lines of service.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having this same issue..on going since May21..the local ATT says they don"t handle the documents its done online.. ATT customer Service tells me to go to the ATT store ..talked to at least 15 different reps. .all assure me it is corrected and then get an email two weeks  saying can't approve eligibility because "verification LimitExceeded" It's beyond ridiculous, I have been with them for close to 20 years and they're pushing me to change carriers.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

@Moe10 Not any local ATT store works, it needs to be a corporate store. If they aren’t getting the discount applied, file an FCC or BBB complaint. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.