Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, May 16, 2020 5:53 PM

Military discount lost

I received notification that I've lost my military discount on my directv bill because I have no cell service with AT&T. Shame on you for doing this. I will be looking for another service who values military/veterans. AT&T thanks is a joke.

Responses

teetertotter

Teacher

• 

269 Messages

3 months ago

Yup, that's right. I went to our local ATT cellular store and with their military discount for same package, and then having to buy new phone, I stayed with US cellular. My existing 2016 Samsung phone would not work with ATT system. They tried, but my phone was outdated. I'm saving money with US Cellular, long story short.

You just have to move on for what's best. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

(edited)

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.1K Messages

3 months ago

Yes, the military discount for TV service was contingent on having a qualified wireless plan. Good luck finding another tv service provider offering a military discount. ATT was the only one to my knowledge. I’m still getting my discount.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question