The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
C

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Apr 14, 2020 4:59 PM

HBO with Unlimited Elite

I recently changed my wireless plan to Unlimited Elite which includes HBO. Through research on various forums, with very little help from AT&T's directions I found out that in order to activate HBO I needed to go to AT&T Watch TV (Because I do not have TV Service) and select my premium service in order to activate. So I made it to my account page, and over the course of a few days, I have made countless attempts to select HBO as my premium service and activate it. When I select HBO and the click the button to confirm my choice, I am circled back around to my account page and receive a red banner at the top of the page saying "Looks like something went wrong on our end. Please try again later or visit our Help Center." (I have encountered the same issue on wi-fi, cellular data, and multiple devices I've attempted this from)

After encountering this issue I chatted with support, the advisor I worked with had me try again a few times, all of which resulted in the same error. Then the advisor told me we had exhausted all troubleshooting steps and my issue would be escalated, and IF there was a resolution for my issue, I would receive an email.

After another day of trying again a few times, I tweeted at AT&T help, someone reached out to me, asked for my account information and email address and told me to be patient. I have not received ANY email from AT&T regarding either of my attempts at getting help for this issue, with the exception of receiving the trascript of my chat interaction.

A few more days later, here I am, hoping that someone can tell me they have seen this issue and had it resolved. I know that in the grand scheme of things, this isnt a huge ordeal, but I don't believe it's unreasonable to expect that a service you're promising customers is accessible, and that if it isn't, those customers deserve an explanation.

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I had a similar problem. I came to this forum hoping to find a solution when I stumbled on your complaint. It was then I realized that a lot of people have the same issue. I called AT&T customer service, I used the chat support all to no avail. But I eventually figured it out by myself. Here is what i did.

1. I opened www.attwatchtv.com in secret mode on my device browser which is also called incognito window on google chrome.

2. A screen will pop up with CNN Anderson Cooper 360 asking you to get 35+ live TV channels for only $15. At this point, you can use your AT&T login information to log in.

3. A screen pop up asking me to Text "THEATER" to 2884 on my phone. I believe to verify my Unlimited Elites Plan. I texted the word as instructed, then I came back to the TV page. Then I got a confirmation page.

4. In order to access the HBO, you need to download HBO GO on your device. Use the same AT&T login information. It will let you into the app. The app will now ask you to create your Username for HBO.

Oh, make sure you select AT&T Wireless / WatchTV When HBO asks you to select your provider.

I am already streaming. I hope this helps you.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

@Emma32 thank you for your suggestion! But when I follow these steps, when I text the word to 2885 I get the error below.

And just to be clear, I have confirmed about a thousand times that I have HBO unlimited elite which definitely includes HBO.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.