Uniquely for you. Order the new Google Pixel 6, now!
MettaWorldGeese's profile

Scholar

• 

87 Messages

Mon, Apr 15, 2019 4:52 PM

NBA Playoffs: Game 1 thoughts ...

Just some random thoughts about this weekend's NBA Playoffs, Game 1:

• Jazz/Rockets Game 1 was a perfect example of why I don't buy stock in Rudy Gobert. I know the metrics show him as the best defensive player in the league but I have a feeling those stats are heavily padded with bad teams. Whenever I see him in a high-profile role, against a quality team, he always seems entirely inefficient to me.
  • When was the last time that Blake Griffin was actually healthy for a playoff run??
  • The Warriors shouldn't have any trouble with the Clippers (GSW in 5, I'm thinking) but Boogie Cousin's inability to defend the pick-and-roll may be a bigger problem than it initially appears. Assuming they get Houston, in the next round, DeMarcus is going to be pick-and-roll'ed to death.
  • As great as this year has been for Denver, would anyone be surprised if San Antonion eliminated them?
  • Joel Embiid does not look health at all. If Philly can't get more out of Simmons and Harris, a Joel at 50% isn't going to cut it. Between the cellphones on the bench and the commitment the team made - in trading for Butler and Harris - Philly's coach Brett Brown may be 3-losses away from being unemployed.
  • It was nice of the Boston Celtics to bring both versions of their 2018-19 squad to game 1. The uninspired, sloppy disconnected Celtics, in the first half, was immediately replaced with the Celtics team we all expected in the second half.
  • What is about Game 1's at home that vex the Toronto Raptors so much?
FloridaJoe

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

3 y ago

How about them Clippers last night!? With the series headed to L.A. on Thursday, and with momentum on their side, I'm looking for them to capture at least one more game. Heck, this series could go down to the wire!

Scholar

• 

87 Messages

3 y ago

I know @FloridaJoe!!!!

I kept almost going to bed and a little voice in my head just kept saying, "Maybe watch for another 5 minutes ..." I agree LA is probably going to grab one of the next two. I think GSW will still come out of this but they are going to be beat up by the time they run into the Rockets.

My heart kind of breaks for Boogie Cousins, tho. Smiley Sad

FloridaJoe

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

3 y ago

Many days hence now, events are unfolding just as I foretold (well, except that both the Clippers' wins were at Golden State -- didn't see that coming!). I was just looking at the roster for this Cinderella Clippers squad and realized I've never heard of any of these people except for Patrick Beverley, who I thought played for the Rockets -- how quickly things change! One thing that doesn't change, though: it's hard to win all the championships, and I agree, if these high-flying Warriors' wings don't get Clipped, they may have a hard time trying to fly higher than the Rocketmen!

Scholar

• 

87 Messages

3 y ago

I agree @FloridaJoe. If the Warriors are having this much trouble with Lou Williams, that doesn't bode well for their success against James Harden.

So far, the team that has really impressed me is the Trailblazers. I mean the Raptors and Bucks have been impressive but it's hard to read too much into wins against the Magic and Pistons, you know? I'm glad we've moved onto the second round in the East. Both Boston/Milwaukee and Toronto/Philly should be great series!

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.