Have you received a suspicious text message? Learn more

Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (33)

Relevance
DSL Service drop during the afternoon

Here's my hardware information: Manufacturer ARRISModel Number NVG599Software Version 9.2.2h4d13Datapump Version A2pv6F039m3.d26mHardware Version 0100130046 During the mid-day to late afternoon hours, my Arris DSL device loses service (there is not as much loss during the evening hours and morning

Questions

• AT&T Internet Equipment

Getting 1/4 of Gigabit Speeds

I have a modest IT background and recently installed my home with a Velop router system. I have gigabit service and have the Arris NVG599 gateway. I have conducted speed tests on my Velop system which measures the raw speed from the gateway (606 Mbps at best;

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

How do I set up VPN (IP Vanish) on my NVG599 Router

I need help in setting up my VPN subscription I have with IPVansish with my NVG599 router. I’m not very aware with the terminology used as for the fact that I’m ignorant to this topic. Please help!!!

Questions

Note: Remember to make a copy of all current ip settings before proceeding.

From ATT's page:  https://www.att.com/Common/storefront/resources/pdf/att_bridged_mode_vs_ip_passthrough_nov2012_v3.pdf the bold text says: "Note: Remember to make a copy of all current ip settings before proceeding." but does not give a link, nor explain how to make that copy. Is this copying done

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

NVG599 Not Displaying MY 5Ghz SSID NetWork On List of Available Networks

Had this NVG599 for about a month It replaced an older ATT router.. I was using the default setup where both the 2.4 and the 5.0 Ghz were the same, so it was automatically providing 5.0Ghz to my FireStick and 2 other 5Ghz devices. At one point. I changed the default setup by changing one of the SSID

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

Is IP Passthrough less work for the NVG599 than NAT

Pretty simple question here, with the NVG599 there is no true bridge mode, but there is an IP Passthrough. Is a high performance router, such as a PFSense software firewall on good hardware configured behind the NVG599 with IP Passthrough going to be any better performance than the NVG599 just doing

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

TV Pausing Issues (I will reward successful help efforts!!)

I have been having issues with my TV freezing for about a minute or less then it comes back on.  Here is an example of my issue:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HayLbdPPEiM  It has been doing this for a while now. Now the funny thing is if I change the channel (or view a recording) then flip back to

Questions

• U-verse TV Equipment

NVG599, VPN and IBM's Quad 9 DNS

I received an AT&T Arris NVG599 (residential gateway) modem, router, wifi access point and now want to use a VPN as well as IBM's new DNS numbers, which IBM calls Quad 9. I find many posts for the NVG589 -- almost none on point for the 599. Zero post about Quad9. I've searched the 'net exten

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

Replacement router and support frustration

I have  AT&T Gigapower fiber, and it is awesome.  Only a few short outages over five years.  The frustration comes when you have to call in and deal with the broken call routing system.  I then spent time with three people in the wrong departments, and eventually seem to get the right person after a

Questions

• AT&T Fiber Equipment

WHY IS MY 5GHZ RADIO "DISABLED" ?

I recently had two ssid one with 2.4ghz and the other with 5ghz on the NVG599 but then the 5Ghz was disabled two days later.

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

NVG 599 Keeps Rebooting - Gigapower

My NVG599 keeps rebooting itself.  Not disconnecting, but a FULL reboot.  This happens 2 - 3 times a day, if not more. In my "Firewall" log, it shows a LOT of "Illegal IP Address" under "Reason".   Sounds like it could be a DNS issue and since AT&T locks down the router and won't allow us to change

Questions

• AT&T Fiber Equipment

45Mbps Bonded Pair NVG599 test results.

Recently I upgraded my service to the AT&T U-verse Internet Power (45 Mbps upload 6 Mbps download) plan which required a boned pair install and a new NVG599 Dual Band AT&T Modem/Router. I receive the speeds that I should. I am located in zip 75116 Duncanville Tx (suburb of Dallas Tx).  

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

Create Roaming Network Behind an NVG599 with Apple Airport Extreme

I want to create a roaming network in my house to distribute wifi to areas not covered by the wifi from the RG NVG599.  My solution is to connect the Apple Airport Extreme to an ethernet switch in the attic that distributes the same ethernet to two other set top boxes. The attic is an ideal location

Questions

Nvg599

I just recently got the ATT provided nvg599 simply because it has IP passthrough mode. I paid a pretty penny for an ASUS router and i would like to be able to use it. But since setting up the nvg599 in IP passthrough mode, im having all kinds of issues. From google chrome not working on my pc, to no

Questions

• AT&T Fiber Equipment

Multiple issues with the NVG599

I have multiple issues with my NVG599.   I run static IP from home.  I also am a software developer with many years of experience.  I have more than a basic knowledge of networking and run my own servers and domain from home.   The first issue is finding a manual for the NVG599.&

Questions

NVG599 reserves IP address for 5.0 GHz / Wireless AC Radio, breaking normal DHCP useage

I have been fighting my NVG599 router to get the 5GHz / Wireless AC radio to work and it turns out I couldn't because the radio uses IP address #.#.#.64, which I had in my DHCP server range. Why in all that's holy would ARRIS (or AT&T) have it take up an address in the middle of the range so that we

Questions

AT&T DSL using NVG599, Dynamic DNS and changing IP addresses

I read that AT&T regularly changes the IP addresses of residential gateway routers (modems). I have one of the newer (as of December 2017), AT&T U-Verse Arris NVG599 devices. Does AT&T change my IP address of this device? If, "Yes", how do I setup a static IP address on this device? Am I asked to pa

Questions

• AT&T Internet Features

Wifi extender needed for Arris NVG599

I need to add a wifi extender to my Arris NVG599 for my Ring doorbell. It must be 2.4GHz 802.11 BG&N only. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Questions

Port Forwarding - this breaks the BGW-210

Recently upgraded from Internet 12 to Internet 50 and with that came a BGW210-700 modem/router.  After setting up Port Forwarding for my cameras and a web stream, I noticed nothing was working.  I rebooted the system and voila!  Everything worked... for a moment.  (Full disclosure... this has been s

Questions

2nd Wireless Router with Parental Controls

I've seen a few different possible solutions in the forums but they are either way over my head or not quite the right approach for my situation. I want to add a second route which has parental control features for wireless access (set time limits for wireless access).  I would like for the wi

Questions

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.